CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+10
RedBedroom
Marc™
MandyPerfumeGirl
JJacksongurlSince97
Impact
Nystyle709
Forgiveness Man
Kral
Supernova
femme fatale
14 posters

Do you view being "quiet" as a negative trait?

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Do you view being "quiet" as a negative trait? Empty Do you view being "quiet" as a negative trait?

Post by femme fatale Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:09 pm

People who're quiet-types, are they irritating to you? My brother is painfully quiet so much that when he speaks, he is always asked again and again what he said because of how low his voice is.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Do you view being "quiet" as a negative trait? Empty Re: Do you view being "quiet" as a negative trait?

Post by Supernova Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:19 pm

I'm the quiet one in the family (and at the same time one of the biggest talkers so I guess it evens out), so I'd hope it isn't a negative trait.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Do you view being "quiet" as a negative trait? Empty Re: Do you view being "quiet" as a negative trait?

Post by Kral Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:24 pm

Yes actually I do. It's one thing to be quiet, as in not running off at the mouth, but it's another thing to have a tiny little monotone pitch. That's annoying to me when someone has to get face close to me so that I can hear what they say. Everyone should speak up when they talk.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:30 pm

Oh, I thought she MEANT as in not talking all the time, that's what I do, when I DO talk, you can hear me for quite a ways.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:03 pm

Depends how you define quiet.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:48 pm

No. I'm 'quiet'.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:09 pm

I don't have a loud voice, but I prefer it to the alternative. Go to any packed mens locker room and you will be guaranteed to run into that one guy who has an almost obscenely bass-y voice. Not realizing how loud he is, while his tone reverberates all the way into the halls. That to me is annoying.
    JJacksongurlSince97
    JJacksongurlSince97
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by JJacksongurlSince97 Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:03 pm

Quiet is not aannoying to me unless I want to talk to you and you say very little then become silent. Then it kind of turns me off. I'd prefer a quiet person than a loud motor mouth. I am quiet too. (in person) but when I get to know you and depending on what we talk about, I will talk quite a bit.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:45 pm

I don't find quiet-types irritating - after all, I am a quiet-type in person, though I'm well-spoken (a.k.a I don't need speaking up.) It's the loudmouths or motormouths that I find irritating - one group is obnoxious and the other is irritating. I can't ever figure out what all the conversation is about, it's not like anybody has anything interesting to say. Do I really care what a co-worker did over the weekend? No.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:51 am

femme fatale wrote:People who're quiet-types, are they irritating to you?

Nope. I vastly prefer them to loud mouths.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:20 pm

I used to be really quiet, so I understand. But it is annoying now when I try to engage someone in conversation and they are not very warm in their reply. I see that as rude most of the time.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:36 pm

Nope, I prefer a quiet person to someone that runs off at the mouth like a speeding train.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:49 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:No. I'm 'quiet'.

Still waters run deep.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:33 am

It depends on what you mean by quiet. If you mean people who speak very softly then yes, it can be annoying as you're always having to ask them to speak up.

If you mean quiet as in not talking much, I think that's fine. Some people talk all the time and others don't talk that much.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:00 pm

If quiet means anti-social then it's a negative trait IMO yeah.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:35 pm