CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Shale
RedBedroom
6 posters

It's a waste of money and idealistic to put a bowl of candy at the front door when you are not home...

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

It's a waste of money and idealistic to put a bowl of candy at the front door when you are not home... Empty It's a waste of money and idealistic to put a bowl of candy at the front door when you are not home...

Post by RedBedroom Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:53 pm

My neighbor did this tonight and I just heard a kid screech, "The bowl of candy is EMPTY!"

So, less than two hours in, children have clearly not taken just one. So she spent that money to fill a huge bowl to please a few greedy kids.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

It's a waste of money and idealistic to put a bowl of candy at the front door when you are not home... Empty Re: It's a waste of money and idealistic to put a bowl of candy at the front door when you are not home...

Post by Shale Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:56 pm

Some ppl need to take a class in human behavior in a major metropolitan area. Norman Rockwell's world did not even exist in his time.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

It's a waste of money and idealistic to put a bowl of candy at the front door when you are not home... Empty Re: It's a waste of money and idealistic to put a bowl of candy at the front door when you are not home...

Post by wants2laugh Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:03 am

i used to do that but then dress up as a dummy and scare them if they took more. After a couple of years of that... i have been told they only take 2 as per my sign LOL
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:17 am

wants2laugh wrote:i used to do that but then dress up as a dummy and scare them if they took more. After a couple of years of that... i have been told they only take 2 as per my sign LOL

Good idea!

I think depending on who we got they might actually follow the rules. The other night we had 3 big burly teenaged boys dressed as football players, and these are the kind that you assume if you let them take what they want, the whole bowl will be empty in three seconds, but I was surprised, they each only took 1-2 pieces each for them and their girlfriends. On the other hand we had one little girl who took out all the Pixy sticks, and another little girl who grabbed a handful 7 times.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:43 am

Supernova wrote:

Good idea!

I think depending on who we got they might actually follow the rules. The other night we had 3 big burly teenaged boys dressed as football players, and these are the kind that you assume if you let them take what they want, the whole bowl will be empty in three seconds, but I was surprised, they each only took 1-2 pieces each for them and their girlfriends. On the other hand we had one little girl who took out all the Pixy sticks, and another little girl who grabbed a handful 7 times.

The other night? How many nights do you hand out candy? And 7 handfulls? You saw this and didn't say anything?? You MUST love this holiday.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:06 am

Well we had a lot of extra candy so we told the kids to take what they wanted, and they did; they were about 4 years old so it was cute.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:43 pm

Shale wrote:Some ppl need to take a class in human behavior in a major metropolitan area. Norman Rockwell's world did not even exist in his time.
    co-signs Why not just scatter the candy on the front yard and at least make the little fuckers work for it?
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:27 pm

RedBedroom wrote:My neighbor did this tonight and I just heard a kid screech, "The bowl of candy is EMPTY!"

So, less than two hours in, children have clearly not taken just one. So she spent that money to fill a huge bowl to please a few greedy kids.

What did she think was gonna happen?

I would have been one of them greedy little kids, honestly. Not so I can eat all that candy, just so I can brag the amount of candy I got for the night.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:11 am