CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
CeCe
Shale
wants2laugh
Supernova
8 posters

Fall Back

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Fall Back Empty Fall Back

Post by Supernova Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:18 pm

So tonight we set the clocks back and tomorrow night it's going to be pitch dark by 6 o' clock, I'm already depressed just thinking about it. The only upside I can think of is that the sun will come up an hour earlier meaning when I go out in the morning to run errands, it'll already be high enough the windshield doesn't glare so it's like trying to see through a cobweb.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Fall Back Empty Re: Fall Back

Post by wants2laugh Sun Nov 04, 2012 3:32 am

im so screwed up already... my puter says 1:30AM and the chamber clock says 2:30 am...

I hate this time change crap! lol

I dont mind being out in the dark--- I'm a vampire anyway. What would drive me nuts is "running errands in the morning" YIKES!!!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:36 am

wants2laugh wrote:...I hate this time change crap! ...

Most ppl hate it - and yet we keep doing it. (except for a couple of states)

Oh, this is the good time change - get an extra hour of sleep. Yeah, I was up at 6 a.m. the old time despite what my clock said with 5 hours of sleep. Hopefully I can get to sleep tonight an hour earlier.

There is a biological rhythm we get used to and this fucks that up twice a year with a lie. "Daylight Saving Time" No, it is "Clock adjustment screw up everyone time."

Did you know accident rates go up for a week or so after these time adjustments. They do studies on these sleep things yet nothing is ever done.

Last week when I got up early and set out for work at 6:30 in the dark I saw all these high school kids waiting on the corner for the school bus - this despite the fact that studies show that adolescents circadian rhythms are geared to staying up later and sleeping in and that by forcing this farmer schedule the zombie thru the day. Why the fuck do they do these studies just to continue stupid shit "Because we've always done it that way?"
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:40 pm

Shale wrote:

Most ppl hate it - and yet we keep doing it. (except for a couple of states)

Oh, this is the good time change - get an extra hour of sleep. Yeah, I was up at 6 a.m. the old time despite what my clock said with 5 hours of sleep. Hopefully I can get to sleep tonight an hour earlier.

There is a biological rhythm we get used to and this fucks that up twice a year with a lie. "Daylight Saving Time" No, it is "Clock adjustment screw up everyone time."

Did you know accident rates go up for a week or so after these time adjustments. They do studies on these sleep things yet nothing is ever done.

Last week when I got up early and set out for work at 6:30 in the dark I saw all these high school kids waiting on the corner for the school bus - this despite the fact that studies show that adolescents circadian rhythms are geared to staying up later and sleeping in and that by forcing this farmer schedule the zombie thru the day. Why the fuck do they do these studies just to continue stupid shit "Because we've always done it that way?"

co-signs
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:47 pm

I hate changing times, we no longer need it for farmers , so why do we do it. Here in the north in summer the sun doesn't set until 9:00 then add an extra hour and then it is daylight until 10:00 PM, ever try to get kids to sleep then? In the winter there are working people who never see daylight except on their days off. It will be dark by 4:00 in the deepest winter! They have proven that some people actually suffer from light deprivation so right, take all the daylight away. If they have to play with the time why not give us the extra hour of daylight in the damn winter?

I would actually prefer us to make no changes at all like Arizona!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:34 pm

Daylight at 10 PM? I'd love to see that someday. Summer doesn't seem so long ago but already I can't remember what it was like when it WAS still light out at 9 PM, anymore it seems like a myth.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:37 am

Supernova wrote:Daylight at 10 PM? I'd love to see that someday. Summer doesn't seem so long ago but already I can't remember what it was like when it WAS still light out at 9 PM, anymore it seems like a myth.
    When we lived in the Yukon in the summer the sun barely went down before it came up again. You could read a newspaper outside at 3:00 AM! I remember my aunt visiting us in summer and a friend taking us to the town dump to see the bears at 3:00 AM. The other side of the coin was winter, when the sun would barely skitter across the mountains and it would be dark again in just a couple of hours. Winter seems so long there and for that matter here too. We had a foot of snow a couple of days before Halloween and it was well below freezing, today it warmed up to 45 degrees at least and rained , thankfully the snow was melting off the roof at a really good rate.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:23 am

Suzi wrote: ... today it warmed up to 45 degrees at least and rained , thankfully the snow was melting off the roof at a really good rate.
    45 degrees is a bad cold day here. (but you might still find a Canadian on the beach thinking it's warm) blank stare @ you
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:04 am

Shale wrote:
    45 degrees is a bad cold day here. (but you might still find a Canadian on the beach thinking it's warm) blank stare @ you

45 degrees is cold in any language.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:07 pm

There was a school in the midwest somewhere that allowed kids to attend according to their body rhythms. They said that "early risers" did better in the morning, and "late risers" (like me) did better in the afternoon. I BEGGED my mom to move us there so i didnt have to be up all night, then go to school so early LOL
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:50 pm

Guess who woke up at 4:30 this morning New Time (5:30 according to my biorhythm) blank stare @ you

I biked to work an hour early when the sun came up at 6 a.m. instead of my usual 7 a.m.

Hopefully I can stay up and go to bed at midnight, my usual time and maybe sleep in until 6 tomorrow.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:48 pm

Yeah, it must really suck to have to turn your lights on an hour earlier!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:38 pm

They should leave it at Daylight Savings time.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:05 pm

Tony Marino wrote:They should leave it at Daylight Savings time.

Agreed.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:08 pm

I don't like it when it gets dark early either, but I'm indifferent to it. It's not like it's going to like that all year.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 5:22 am