CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+12
Jason B.
wants2laugh
Cheaps
tmontyb
Tony Marino
CaffeinePlease
Hyacinth Girl
CeCe
Supernova
Alan Smithee
Shale
Suzi
16 posters

OBAMA WINS!

Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

OBAMA WINS! Empty OBAMA WINS!

Post by Suzi Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:25 am

overjoyed
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

OBAMA WINS! Empty Re: OBAMA WINS!

Post by Shale Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:32 am

Still Too Scary.

OBAMA WINS! 534737_10151226032100480_1962122232_n
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:37 am

Shale wrote:Still Too Scary.

OBAMA WINS! 534737_10151226032100480_1962122232_n

My daughter just woke me up to tell me this news and I told her the exact same story!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:40 am

Assuming these results hold, I think the next best result is Elizabeth Warren winning in Massachusetts.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:41 am

Romney still isn't conceding Ohio. I hope history repeats itself that no Republican has ever won the White House without winning the Buckeye State. I also hope Pres. Obama wins the popular vote too so those on the right and far right can't use that as an excuse for more partisan obstruction.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:06 am

Luckily the electoral votes seem to be in the bag even if Florida goes to the dark side. At last count we were still 50 for Obama and 49 Romney and still counting. IDK when the last vote was cast. They were still in line at 9. Virginia is the same way but they say its moot at this point.

Just would like to see the Repugnicants lose in the state after all their rotten vote suppressing efforts. I would hope there would be a backlash at the local levels now. I know our county mayor has got my wrath (it is a non-partisan office but he is a repugnican that refused to argue to extend early voting days).

Well, I feel much better now.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:58 am

Amazingly enough, NONE of our friends who did vote for Obama 4 years ago and swore up and down he'd be such a great president and do so much good, voted for him this time. What's also mind blowing is how his supporters could drop below 50% of what they were when he first got elected, and he STILL won. Come on, Archangel, vamonos.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Nov 07, 2012 8:21 am

What's mind blowing is that so many people could believe Mitt Romney's bull shit to vote for him.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:46 am

Alan Smithee wrote:What's mind blowing is that so many people could believe Mitt Romney's bull shit to vote for him.

American financier Jay Gould was right. After hiring strikebreakers, he said "I can hire one-half of the working class to kill the other half."

Some ppl are just enamored of rich bullies and find comfort in being controlled.
    blank stare @ you
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:50 am

Alan Smithee wrote:What's mind blowing is that so many people could believe Mitt Romney's bull shit to vote for him.

co-signs co-signs co-signs co-signs co-signs co-signs co-signs co-signs co-signs co-signs co-signs co-signs co-signs
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:54 am

Election 2012: Sorry America, I don't think you got it entirely right this time, with everyone that won election to various offices. Turn off your reality friggin' TV's for once and look deeper---yes, social issues are important, but given a choice between voting for who's allowed to marry who, vs. creating jobs, eliminating debt, stopping Syria and Iran's atrocities, and getting this country to stop sucking the tit of dependence on
    Middle East oil--I'll opt for the more serious issues first, then the rest will fall into place after that.

And since I'm being so opinionated, I'll even go so far as to say that I think the Electoral System should be done away with, because time and time again, it's proof that your vote doesn't count. All elections everywhere should be done by popular vote, because that's a more true reflection of what people as individuals think.

Also, too, I think that all elected offices should come with term limits--there's something amiss when the highest office of our nation, the Presidency, has a 4 year term, yet one can make a lifelong career out of being a Mayor, a Senator or Supreme Court Justice.

Nope. Not entirely pleased at all with the various outcomes, this time.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:10 am

Yeah well you know what, he might NOT be any better but he doesn't already have a 4 year track record of being just another bullshit politician either. I'm convinced that presidents should each only get ONE term to serve so the next election isn't new guy vs. old guy trying to keep his butt comfortably planted in the Oval Office, it would definitely make the campaign attacks much more interesting.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:12 am

Hyacinth Girl wrote:Election 2012: Sorry America, I don't think you got it entirely right this time, ... social issues are important, but given a choice between voting for who's allowed to marry who, vs. creating jobs, eliminating debt, stopping Syria and Iran's atrocities, and getting this country to stop sucking the tit of dependence on Middle East oil--I'll opt for the more serious issues first, then the rest will fall into place after that.

I am part of the 90% of Gay/Bi ppl who voted for Obama. Telling a minority that their civil rights are not the most important thing is rather insensitive - a typical Repugnicant viewpoint.

I agree we should get away from fossil fuels and guess which POTUS tried to do that but has been stymied by a congress that was only interested in throwing obstacles into his path, no matter how worthy? Who benefits from Big Oil? All those multi-rich 1%.

As for unemployment/creating jobs/eliminating debt, look at Europe. Most countries there are also dealing with unemployment and debt. It is a world wide recession and no POTUS is going to affect it that much until the rest of the world stabilizes. A rich businessman is no indication of how well he will run a country. Was he planning to export American workers to the countries where his money is coming from using cheap labor?

Hyacinth Girl wrote:And since I'm being so opinionated, I'll even go so far as to say that I think the Electoral System should be done away with, because time and time again, it's proof that your vote doesn't count. All elections everywhere should be done by popular vote, because that's a more true reflection of what people as individuals think....
    co-signs

Now that I noticed Obama got 50% of the popular vote to Romney's 48%. But we need to update the electoral process and make this a real democracy. We have the technology to do that.

Last edited by Shale on Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
    CaffeinePlease
    CaffeinePlease
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by CaffeinePlease Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:25 am

I'm absolutely ecstatic that he won! I didn't watch any of the coverage last night because it makes me nervous, but I woke up this morning, turned on the TV, and bam! He won!

This wasn't just a presidential election, it was a moral issue, and the better man won.
    CaffeinePlease
    CaffeinePlease
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by CaffeinePlease Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:35 am

Supernova wrote:I'm convinced that presidents should each only get ONE term to serve so the next election isn't new guy vs. old guy trying to keep his butt comfortably planted in the Oval Office, it would definitely make the campaign attacks much more interesting.

Well that's not going to happen. You're only saying that because Obama is a Democrat.
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:14 pm

Shale wrote:

I am part of the 90% of Gay/Bi ppl who voted for Obama. Telling a minority that their civil rights are not the most important thing is rather insensitive - a typical Repugnicant viewpoint.

And where are the civil rights of the innocent people in Syria who are being slaughtered by their own government? Where will anyone's civil rights be when Iran finally gets its nukes in order and let's 'em loose on us and Israel? What happens in the Middle East, eventually trickles into this country, somehow.

Sorry--your weddings can wait until we make the world a safer place for all--straights, gays, black, whites, latinos, Democrats, Republicans--everyone. Take care of the more dangerous, more pressing issues first, and as I said, the rest will fall into place after that.

I live in Massachusetts, and I didn't think Romney did that bad a job when he was our Governor--he was a lot better than the milque-toast we have in place now.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:21 pm

CaffeinePlease wrote:I'm absolutely ecstatic that he won! I didn't watch any of the coverage last night because it makes me nervous, but I woke up this morning, turned on the TV, and bam! He won!

This wasn't just a presidential election, it was a moral issue, and the better man won.

There is no better man. It was a lose-lose situation and I predict in 4 years we are STILL going to be in a hole and I can't help wondering if we wouldn't have been better off if majority had taken the 3rd road and voted Roseanne president.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:30 pm

CaffeinePlease wrote:

Well that's not going to happen. You're only saying that because Obama is a Democrat.

No I'm saying that because I'm tired of the power struggle move in reelections. The last few go-rounds, whenever a president came up for reelection THAT was the one who got it, first Clinton, then Bush, now Obama, 3 presidents in a row, 6 terms between them, and never does the new guy win, and is it REALLY because the president is so much better for the job? I don't know but anymore it just seems that election is a myth, the pre-existing president we already know WILL be the winner the second time, no matter what. And unless the next guy who gets office REALLY screws up, I'll just bet we'll see a double term again after Obama.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:04 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:
    And where are the civil rights of the innocent people in Syria who are being slaughtered by their own government? Where will anyone's civil rights be when Iran finally gets its nukes in order and let's 'em loose on us and Israel? What happens in the Middle East, eventually trickles into this country, somehow.

International problems versus National - Looks like apples and oranges. IDK what Romney said he would do differently in the foreign affairs, but I do recall he pissed off a lot of our current allies overseas. One of our problems with debt is trying to be the police force for the whole world. The Defense Dept is the biggest drain. Are you suggesting we get more involved in other countries' probs? Again, we are the US, just one of many nations of the world - which is why we have to make alliances and why we should not go in, boots on the ground in unwinnable wars. We should get out of Afghanistan yesterday - they don't want us there.

Hyacinth Girl wrote: Sorry--your weddings can wait until we make the world a safer place for all--straights, gays, black, whites, latinos, Democrats, Republicans--everyone. Take care of the more dangerous, more pressing issues first, and as I said, the rest will fall into place after that.

I live in Massachusetts, and I didn't think Romney did that bad a job when he was our Governor--he was a lot better than the milque-toast we have in place now.

I've heard that a majority of ppl in Massachusetts didn't care for Romney to the point he did not bother seeking a second term.

Again, you make light of civil rights denied to other ppl that does not impact you. We can fight and even win all the foreign wars in the world but that will not give equal rights to ppl in the U.S. who happen to love someone of the same gender. Our weddings can wait? Tell that to the survivor of a deceased partner that is denied social security benefits like the 'normal' married ppl get.

So far Obama has forced hospitals that receive fed funding to give visitation rights to same gender partners. He has rid us of DADT, allowing gay service ppl to be free to be honest. (Can you believe that qualified ppl who wanted to serve their country in those wars you admire were being discharged for no reason other than loving someone of their own gender. Very valuable Arab linguists were being let go for that foolishness). Romney said he wanted to reinstate DADT, curtail a woman's right to choose, make it more difficult to get birth control and other services from Planned Parenthood. Those things are important to some of us and I am glad that we managed to squeak by and protect them a few more years.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:08 pm

Nov 7, 2012 - 10:30 a.m.

I just checked some of the election spreads and noticed something. All the states that had a landslide victory for Romney – I already knew that I could not live there.

Most, like my own Florida are remnants of the Old South or West where civil rights are forced on them by the federal government and they begrudgingly resent anything outside of their version of christian morals and limited world view.

The numbers were rounded and show Romney to Obama spread

AL 61-38
    AK 60-37
    ID 65-32
    KS 60-38
    KY 61-38
    LA 59-40
    (I lived in New Orleans like I now live in Miami Beach - these cities are liberal islands in conservative states)
    ND 59-40
    NE 61-38
    OK 67-33
    SD 58-40
    TN 60-40
    UT 73-25
    WV 62-36
    WY 69-28
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:32 pm

I think it's extremely unrealistic to think we have to wait for the establishment of world peace before we can address the pressing serious issues right here in our own country. The rights of certain groups may be insignificant to some people but they're not to the people, couples & families that are forced to deal with them on a daily basis. And it's a bit insulting to tell these people that they just aren't as important as other issues going on in the world & they just need to be patient & wait & wait & wait...until essentially the end of time.

The US made great gains in gay rights last night & I'm very proud of those states for voting with reason, compassion & common sense. This is still going to have to be solved on the federal level but it was a huge step forward & will help move things in the right direction.

The US is not the world police. This "John Wayne, boot in your ass" mentality is part of what has gotten us into some of the messes we've found ourselves in over the years.

"Wait wait wait" will not accomplish anything. If it did people wouldn't still be waiting. Change doesn't come through waiting or silence. The time is now. People don't have to like it but they do need to get used to that idea.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:48 pm

co-signs ^ Yeah, what she said!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:23 pm

Yep.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:27 pm

Supernova wrote:

Yeah well you know what, he might NOT be any better but he doesn't already have a 4 year track record of being just another bullshit politician either. I'm convinced that presidents should each only get ONE term to serve so the next election isn't new guy vs. old guy trying to keep his butt comfortably planted in the Oval Office, it would definitely make the campaign attacks much more interesting.

What bullshit track record would that be? Please enlighten me. I'll listen with an open mind. Barack Obama has been far from perfect but either Suzi or CeCe (sorry ladies, I can't recall which) posted a list of everything he was able to accomplish despite being opposed by the chinless wonder from Kentucky, ("The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president"). Re-read that quote. Thats what the president's opposition has been focused on. Not moving the country forward in a bi-partisian effort. You say the word "compromise" to most Republicans and they look like someone just took a dump on their dining room table.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:33 pm

Look at Mike Bloomberg, he made his own rules and is in office for 3 terms when its only supposed to be 2.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 11:57 am