CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Shale
RobbieFTW
Supernova
MandyPerfumeGirl
Nystyle709
Jason B.
10 posters

Playing Hard to Get vs. Being Direct: Who wins?

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Playing Hard to Get vs. Being Direct: Who wins? Empty Playing Hard to Get vs. Being Direct: Who wins?

Post by Jason B. Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:52 pm

Playing Hard to Get or Being Direct?

Question: In general, is it better to play hard to get with someone you like, or better to make your interest in them obvious (i.e. compliments, telling him/her you like them, calling them 1st, asking for dates, etc.)

?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Playing Hard to Get vs. Being Direct: Who wins? Empty Re: Playing Hard to Get vs. Being Direct: Who wins?

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:55 pm

Definitely #2. Ain't nobody got time for games. At least I don't.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Playing Hard to Get vs. Being Direct: Who wins? Empty Re: Playing Hard to Get vs. Being Direct: Who wins?

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:38 pm

#1 for me. I've played the aggressive role before and it just doesn't suit me. I'd rather be the pursued one instead of the pursuer.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:52 pm

I never got the point in playing hard to get, all seems like a bunch of worthless head games, if you're interested in somebody, tell them, don't beat around the bush for who knows how long.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Fri Oct 29, 2010 8:05 am

I absolutely DESPISE people playing hard to get, because I take it to mean you're not interested. I dated a guy once who I'd flirt with and he'd constantly tell me "no". Finally I asked him what was up and he said he didn't really mean "no", he wanted me to "conquer" him. That's game playing and I hate it. I don't wanna get into your mental mind state and find out what makes you tick. Just say what you want, what you like, what you don't and so forth!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:36 am

I've always been direct and honest in my approach to ppl. Can't lie well or play silly games.

I'm what one would label an "old hippie" type from the free love days when you would just come out and ask someone you were interested in if they wanted to hook up or whatever.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:37 pm

I play coy in the beginning, just to feel things out a little. Being coy and indirect makes you see how the other person ticks and develop chemistry with them. Sometimes being too direct too early is impersonal and has a habit of taking the wind out of things.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:11 am

CatEyes10736 wrote:I play coy in the beginning, just to feel things out a little. Being coy and indirect makes you see how the other person ticks and develop chemistry with them. Sometimes being too direct too early is impersonal and has a habit of taking the wind out of things.

Well said. I realize there is a fine line between playing coy and acting disinterested, but I think it is best not to go full speed ahead in something very new.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:27 pm

I expect women to play hard to get, or "coy" as Cateyes said. But I appreciate it more when they don't. Me I never do, I'm as direct as I can be.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:03 am

It stops being cute after age twenty-five. I'm not into decoding subliminal messages and game playing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 7:15 pm