CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
RobbieFTW
Nystyle709
CatEyes10736
Suzi
RedBedroom
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
Chris
12 posters

Have you ever called in on a discussion topic?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Have you ever called in on a discussion topic? Empty Have you ever called in on a discussion topic?

Post by Chris Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:34 am

Have you ever called in on a radio or TV show discussion to give your opinion?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Have you ever called in on a discussion topic? Empty Re: Have you ever called in on a discussion topic?

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Dec 03, 2012 12:18 pm

Yes. Several times on thge radio.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Have you ever called in on a discussion topic? Empty Re: Have you ever called in on a discussion topic?

Post by Tony Marino Mon Dec 03, 2012 2:23 pm

Nope.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Dec 03, 2012 8:15 pm

I don't think I ever did. Of course, there are many times I wanted to!
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:11 pm

I did once, was a small town and a local radio station, and I had stage fright so bad I am not sure I made any sense. Another time visiting another town I was accosted on the street by a roving radio reporter and asked my opinion on set belts, it happened so fast I didn't have time to get stage fright.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:42 pm

No. The most I've done is participate in a townhall chatroom when the local news had a discussion panel about...I forget now.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:35 am

Nah.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:58 am

Never called in but I have left comments on blogs after.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:08 pm

Nope
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:34 pm

Never called in anything but have been interviewed on-camera for local TV as several of my activism gatherings.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:27 pm

Yes. I've called in on radio discussion topics before, but that's been a good decade plus ago now.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:39 am

One of my TV quotes at a gay pride rally in 1996 was picked up by an activist group and is on the Web to this day.

http://bi.org/biworld/us.html

USA
    August 1996
    Southeast Region

Bisexuals and transgender people received local network coverage on the ABC affiliate channel in Gainesville, FL. Members of the Gainesville Bisexual Alliance were each quoted twice, complete with our organizational affiliation under our names. This coverage was a focus on Pride events going on in the area. Rob Boyte was quoted saying, "You don't have to be gay. You don't have to be straight. There's a lot of us who have a tendency that we can experience sexuality with either gender, and it's perfectly natural." The Gainesville Bisexual Alliance banner was shown briefly two or three times. Ann Shranz was probably the first person to say "transgender" on Channel 20, and Rob Boyte was probably the first person to define "bisexual" on the local newscast. Gainesville is also forming its first transgender support group.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:16 am

I used to call up rush limbaugh and argue with him soooo much that they would stop taking my calls so i would have to give fake names... damn bastards eventually got caller ID and just hung up on me after that... havent tried it in years... maybe i should LOL
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:53 pm

wants2laugh wrote:I used to call up rush limbaugh and argue with him soooo much that they would stop taking my calls so i would have to give fake names... damn bastards eventually got caller ID and just hung up on me after that... havent tried it in years... maybe i should LOL

ROFLMAO! You really do need to writa a book!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:29 am