CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
CeCe
Alan Smithee
Chris
7 posters

Manager of Thai restaurant in Texas attacked online after posting racist Facebook rant about Sandy Hook shootings

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

News Manager of Thai restaurant in Texas attacked online after posting racist Facebook rant about Sandy Hook shootings

Post by Chris Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:00 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/racist-sandy-hook-rant-hurts-tx-restaurant-article-1.1223001#ixzz2Fh8pmQ89

Manager of Thai restaurant in Texas attacked online after posting racist Facebook rant about Sandy Hook shootings
    Eddie Nimibutr, the manager of Austin’s Thai Noodles Etc., wrote on Facebook that ‘I don’t care if a bunch of white kids got killed.’ Many found the remarks tasteless.
    By Carol Kuruvilla / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
    Tuesday, December 18, 2012, 4:42 PM

Manager of Thai restaurant in Texas attacked online after posting racist Facebook rant about Sandy Hook shootings Thainoodle
    Facebook and Yelp users have called for a boycott of Eddie Nimibutr's Thai Noodles Etc. House restaurant in Austin, Texas.

A restaurant manager’s controversial response to the deadly Connecticut school shootings has caused an uproar on the Web.

While details about the massacre spread on Friday, Eddie Nimibutr, who runs Thai Noodles Etc. in Austin, Texas took to his Facebook page to post this message:

“I’m failing to give a damn about the CT shooting. I don’t care if a bunch of white kids got killed,” he wrote, according to the Huffington Post.

He went on to say that violence directed against minority groups doesn’t get much media coverage.

“When Israel launched missiles at the school on Gaza, everybody was too busy j------ off,” he wrote. “Why should i care about people who don’t give a damn about me?”

If people didn’t care before, they do now.

Nimibutr’s remarks went viral and sparked an online attack against both him and his business. A Facebook page dedicated to the incident called for a boycott and has gathered more than 500 likes. The curators of the page want Nimibutr to honor the 26 victims of Sandy Hook on his social media accounts for the next 20 days. If he refuses to comply, they won’t take the page down.

“You took this horrible tragedy and made it about yourself,” the curators of the page wrote. “You pressed narcissism, racism, contempt, and hatred. It is time to make it about the children.”

On Yelp, Thai Noodles Etc. House has been getting numerous complaints about its owner. Many recent Yelp reviewers have also called for a boycott of Nimibutr’s restaurant. Some threatened physical harm.

In retaliation to the negative responses, Nimibutr posted this on his Facebook page:

“If you don’t like me or my opinions, I suggest you to unfriend me and ---- off,” he wrote. “I am pretty much sick of some people telling me what to think, how to think, or how to feel today, and if you don’t like my foods, ---- off and eat someplace else.”

But after receiving multiple death threats, Nimibutr tried to make amends during an interview with KEYE-TV news.

“Maybe it was a little insensitive to write something like that on the day of the shooting,” he said, refusing to turn his face to the camera. “It was not my intention to piss anyone off. It was my way to cope and decompress from the event that just happened.”

Nimibutr added that he had intended to make a political point about the need for something to be done about gun violence.

Nimibutr has deleted his Facebook page as of Tuesday.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

News Re: Manager of Thai restaurant in Texas attacked online after posting racist Facebook rant about Sandy Hook shootings

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:18 am

I can see his point. He should wear a hat to cover it.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

News Re: Manager of Thai restaurant in Texas attacked online after posting racist Facebook rant about Sandy Hook shootings

Post by CeCe Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:58 am

Hope he had a backup plan for a career.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:38 am

“Maybe it was a little insensitive to write something like that on the day of the shooting,” he said, refusing to turn his face to the camera. d-oh!

Wake Up Call Dumbfuck! You don't mention on 09-11-01 anywhere in the U.S. how the capitalists in the WTC deserved what they got for exploiting Muslims and you don't openly express anything but shock and empathy for children senselessly murdered by a nutcase.

I have been pissing off a lot of my ultra-liberal friends on FB who are posting these comparisons with the kids killed collaterally IN A WAR STARTED BY PALESTINIANS in the recent missile exchange there, or the kids surrounding terrorists in Pakistan who are killed when one of our drones take him out.

It is tragic that it happens but that is what war is about. And it doesn't lessen because of the race of the child. By saying he didn't care if "a bunch of white kids got killed," revealed that he is a racist asswipe - and deserves any backlash that his (college town) community throws at him.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:10 pm

Facebook is the devil.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:18 pm

Well, he did have some relevant basis for saying what he said, but at the end of the day....these were children. While children have died in other parts of the world because of violence, whether it was perpetuated by us or or not, it doesn't discount the fact 20 gunned down children is an outrage. You didn't hear about the missiles in Gaza because the media didn't reported it. They reported the hell out of this though.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:49 am

Dumb ass. Even though I can sorta see where he's coming from, his attitude and approach was still out of line. He could have made that same point w/o being so crass and ugly about it.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:13 pm

Well damn....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:48 pm