CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Why WAS Sandy Hook targeted?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Why WAS Sandy Hook targeted? Empty Why WAS Sandy Hook targeted?

Post by Supernova Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:57 pm

That is my question. When it's a student going to school and shooting the other students, you can piece together what the motive was, why they targeted those people. But when it's not a student, who seems to have no ties to the school whatsoever, then you have to really wonder WHY. Now, every report we've heard about this case is contradictory, first we hear his mom was the teacher and it was her class, then we hear no she's not a teacher, those weren't her kids. Also, my brother read that after his body was found, the gun was found in the trunk, this supposedly being the one he killed himself with. Then first one report says 2 handguns were used, another now says 4 handguns, so who's to be believed? But anyway, has anybody heard any explanation for WHY this guy targeted these kids at this school when his issues were with his mother who didn't want him, and his father and brother who walked out on him 2 years ago and moved to another state so they didn't have to be near him? He killed his mom, why not track down his dad and brother and kill them too instead of those 6 year olds that had nothing to do with him?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Why WAS Sandy Hook targeted? Empty Re: Why WAS Sandy Hook targeted?

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:46 pm

1. The guy is evil/psycho. Not sure we can really apply logic to his actions.

2. We're still not even sure of every detail, as you said. The media's jumbled this on just about every angle at some point. So who knows.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:57 pm

You have to understand that breaking news stories CAN'T get all the facts in the midst of the action going down. This is why the story changes as more information becomes available. (Turn off Conspiracy mode now).

It is just a fact of life that when you study anything in more detail you get new facts to refute the old hastily drawn conclusions. Holes are then filled, misinformation is corrected and so the ongoing reports come up with a more accurate picture.

His mother had subbed in some school, so it may have been assumed to be a connection; later found out not to be. Some of the relatives have said the asswipe did not attend the school, but later records were found that he did attend fifth grade there, then a middle school opened and the fifth graders moved to it. One classmate from Sandy Hook school remembered him there.

As for the guns, that would be hard for a journalist to determine on the scene because it is filtered thru police reports, so they have to wait until that is investigated. First report was that he shot with two handguns and there was an assault rifle found in the car.

The last report I heard he used the assault rifle for the killing, and he had two handguns on his person when he shot himself. There was a fourth firearm, I believe a shotgun in the car.

His mother was a fool for keeping such weapons in a house with a disturbed son. It came out that he was known to have mental problems. Last I heard his mother was shot several times in the head in bed, perhaps sleeping. It would have made her look a bit more heroic had she been murdered trying to stop her bad-seed son from taking the weapons.

I'm sure with further study there will be a more complete and accurate account of what went down.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:15 pm

First off, the media never reported that his mother was a current teacher there. They said that she TAUGHT at Sandy Hook and that the gunman was a former student. Being that he was familiar with the school is prob. the reason it was targeted, but we will never know for sure why he decided to do what he did. And frankly, I don't give a shit. I don't know why they are wasting so much time in trying to figure out "the mind" of the gunman. I wish the media would slow down will all the coverage of this shooting. They're starting to sensationalize the tragedy and right now, the gun laws are still intact in this country. I read that the AR-15 rifle that he had is being sold off the shelves in stores, along with other semi-automatic firearms. Constant media attention about this could very well put an idea into the minds of fellow nut baskets and wanna be copycats.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:09 pm

Some things aren't meant to make sense and some people don't have clear motivation. All they do is try and piece together a theory, but it seems like there isn't much in the way of "why."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 9:34 am