CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Do you have friends that make it difficult to stay on budget?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Do you have friends that make it difficult to stay on budget? Empty Do you have friends that make it difficult to stay on budget?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:10 pm

The paycheck-to-paycheck made me think of this.

Do you have friends who think as long as there is money in the bank, there is money to burn?

I have a few friends who don't understand the fact that if I am spending an abundance on entertainment or unnecessary things, I rein myself back in. But some people don't understand it when I say I just want to stay in and save money. Their outlook is as long as there is extra money, go for it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Do you have friends that make it difficult to stay on budget? Empty Re: Do you have friends that make it difficult to stay on budget?

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jan 04, 2013 5:55 pm

They should respect your wishes, if you want to forfeit a night out to save the money that is your business not theirs. I don't let other people influence me where money is concerned, I do as I please, if I don't want to be a part of something they know better than to badger me about it.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Do you have friends that make it difficult to stay on budget? Empty Re: Do you have friends that make it difficult to stay on budget?

Post by Shale Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:53 pm

I don't hang with any partying crowd - the advantage of being old I guess. I'm too frugal to enjoy going out drinking where one glass of wine costs more than a bottle at the grocery store.

Now and then I dine out with friends but that is occasionally and I don't mind spending money (often treating the whole table).
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:12 pm

Yes I do have some friends whose idea of a good time will wind up limiting my grocery budget that week if I let them be too much of an influence.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:07 am

I have friends like that, but I ultimately control what I'm willing to spend. If I don't want to go out (like tonight), then I won't go out. I remember one night I went out with group for dinner. There was about 15 of us. Now I only ordered some buffalo wings, a drink and an appetizer because I wasn't really hungry. Other people in the crew ordered steak, ribs, lobster, etc, etc. So the bill comes and this one chick wants to decide that everybody should split the bill evenly. Fuck that. I'm only paying for what I had and contribute towards the tip. When you go out in a group, motherfuckers think they slick. They want to order up everything and the most expensive thing on the menu, but want to split the bill so that the other folks contribute to their gluttony. I don't play that shit.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 11:21 am