CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Robin Strasser Has signed on as Dorian!

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Robin Strasser Has signed on as Dorian! Empty Robin Strasser Has signed on as Dorian!

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:08 pm

Dorian is back on OLTL, Robin Strasser signed on yesterday she tweeted.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Robin Strasser Has signed on as Dorian! Empty Re: Robin Strasser Has signed on as Dorian!

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:01 pm

Kicked outta the Senate? Hmmmm.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Robin Strasser Has signed on as Dorian! Empty Re: Robin Strasser Has signed on as Dorian!

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:03 pm

They are also trying to get Starr, Johnny and Todd back as well.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:18 pm

Hope they don't. KA had moved to LA. She didn't want to be part of this. I like all 3 of them better on GH than on OLTL. On OLTL, all 3 characters were tired and stale. They fit better on GH. Plus, without them, OLTL will have to work harder to be good since they won't have the old airhogs to fall back on.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:25 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:Hope they don't. KA had moved to LA. She didn't want to be part of this. I like all 3 of them better on GH than on OLTL. On OLTL, all 3 characters were tired and stale. They fit better on GH. Plus, without them, OLTL will have to work harder to be good since they won't have the old airhogs to fall back on.

I am used to them now on GH and they are under contract to ABC but their characters I think are under contract with Prospect Park. I think the show can get along fine without them. Besides if this takes off like they think it is, GH is not far behind them going online.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:10 pm

^^^^^I am not really buying this "characters under contract" thing too much. They can't force the actors. So what do they do, recast 2 iconic roles to lure people to their new show?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:36 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:^^^^^I am not really buying this "characters under contract" thing too much. They can't force the actors. So what do they do, recast 2 iconic roles to lure people to their new show?

I doubt ABC will let them out of their contract. They can't really re-cast them because they are technically on another show same names same actors. This should prove interesting.

Here is the article I read:

January 14th, 2013 REPORT: Prospect Park Wants The Characters Of GH’s John, Starr & Todd For One Life to Live!

Photo Credit: ABC/Getty Images

Just how will this hurdle work itself out for General Hospital and the online revival of One Life to Live, with the fate of three of the most beloved characters of Llanview and now Port Charles in their hands? That is one of the key issues that both productions, and longtime fans of each soap opera, are waiting with baited breath to find out.

According to a report from TV Guide Magazine’s Michael Logan, Prospect Park wants the characters of Starr, John, and Todd back so they can write for them on their canvas for the online revival of One Life, which has caused some heavy drama over at ABC and General Hospital.

We have also heard in recent interview and reports, GH’s executive producer Frank Valentini, was hopeful that the trio of characters and the actors who play then could stay on GH, however acknowledging that the legal departments of both entities have to work this one out.

One of the big complications is that Roger Howarth (Todd), Michael Easton (John), and Kristen Alderson (Starr) are under contract to ABC, so theoretically Starr, John, and Todd could go away, but the people playing them would stay with the network. An ABC spokesperson told TV Guide: “There are ongoing collaborative conversations with Prospect Park. We have various strategies in place depending on the outcome of these talks.”

So how do you want to see things work out soapers? McBain, Todd, and Starr to the online One Life? Would you accept Roger Howarth, Michael Easton and Kristen Alderson in tweaked roles on GH? Or, do you think it will be resolved that the trio and their characters will stay put as they are on GH and ABC? Weigh-in on this hot topic!
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Can't ABC tell PP to take a hike? I don't see how PP can really push ABC around since ABC is licencing them the shows in the first place. ABC can easily tell PP to deal with not having T/S/J (Well, if they want TSJ, they can have him. haha) until they discard them. IMO, ABC > PP in the clout department.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:23 am

Great news. I just hope that she returns without David. He turned her into such a clown. I want the dark, knife-in-the-back villainess Dorian back, not the silly erratic Dorian.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:24 pm

I guess we wait and see what happens with PP and ABC.

Yeah Dorian alone would be better I think.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:19 pm

I wonder if they've made a deal with Slezak yet and are just waiting to announce it at the end.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Post by Kral Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:25 pm

Chris wrote:I wonder if they've made a deal with Slezak yet and are just waiting to announce it at the end.

I wonder that myself. ES is the most important name to get back on board and they would probably save news of her return to top everything off. I think with Jerry (Clint) and Robin (Dorian) back, there's a good chance she'd be willing to come back too!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:52 pm

ES signed on the other day.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:30 pm