CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Alan Smithee
Chris
6 posters

Is there anyone whom you avoid talking about your spouse/significant other around?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Is there anyone whom you avoid talking about your spouse/significant other around? Empty Is there anyone whom you avoid talking about your spouse/significant other around?

Post by Chris Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:38 am

Is there anyone who you avoid talking about your spouse, or significant other, around? Maybe because they don't like him or her, or perhaps because they're single and lonely, etc., etc. Have you ever downplayed being involved, or how happy you are with the one you're with?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Is there anyone whom you avoid talking about your spouse/significant other around? Empty Re: Is there anyone whom you avoid talking about your spouse/significant other around?

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:55 pm

Nope. I can't speak for her though.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Is there anyone whom you avoid talking about your spouse/significant other around? Empty Re: Is there anyone whom you avoid talking about your spouse/significant other around?

Post by Shale Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:00 pm

I have no S/O at the moment but I have never been secretive about who I was with. With the exception of my elderly Mississippi grandmother in the nursing home. I never told her I was with a black woman. All the younger relatives in MS knew.

I learned that my partners were a significant part of my life and who I was. So when I say "we did this in Afghanistan..." I am ready to explain that it was my partner Jim who was with me in so much of my life experience. Don't care who knows that.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:47 pm

Not really. I don't talk about my SO on here much. I tend to keep that part of my life private even to some family members but not the immediate ones.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:26 pm

If I'm ever in contact with someone I used to be date, I keep my relationship status downplayed because it's usually uncomfortable to discuss in situations like that.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:37 pm

No and no.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 7:08 pm