CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Nystyle709
Forgiveness Man
Rule Breaker
7 posters

Should the military be allowed to recruit at high schools?

Rule Breaker
    Rule Breaker
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Should the military be allowed to recruit at high schools?  Empty Should the military be allowed to recruit at high schools?

Post by Rule Breaker Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:53 pm

What are your thoughts on military recruiters going to high schools to coax senior boys into enlisting?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Should the military be allowed to recruit at high schools?  Empty Re: Should the military be allowed to recruit at high schools?

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:54 pm

Eh, probably a bad idea.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Should the military be allowed to recruit at high schools?  Empty Re: Should the military be allowed to recruit at high schools?

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:00 pm

They did it at my school. If I had enlisted in the armed forces...I would've gone to the Navy. I know a lot of Navy people and quite a few of my classmates went into the service. I dunno, I guess if college recruiters can come to the schools so can the military ones. It's just another option that is being offered. You don't have to take it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Aug 18, 2010 2:36 pm

As Ny said, it is just an option and not one that has to be taken. I think they should be able to because perhaps they reach people who never would have known their options for military paying for school.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:07 pm

I thought it was pretty standard that they did.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Aug 18, 2010 7:40 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:I thought it was pretty standard that they did.

Same here. The only problem I have with army recruiters targeting graduating seniors is that they have a penchant for glamorizing the military, usually making it seem more frat-like than it probably is.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:08 am

Why not? College students make the decision in high school as to what college they were going to attend. If they can make that decision then they can decide to commit to the military, or whatever career they want. They need to know all of their options and since the military will actually help pay for college it gives the students who would not otherwise be able to afford it a chance to go. If the military can't recruit, then no college or other industry should be able to either.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:21 pm

Chris wrote:Same here. The only problem I have with army recruiters targeting graduating seniors is that they have a penchant for glamorizing the military, usually making it seem more frat-like than it probably is.

Definitely. I remember them coming to my school and they were hyping it up like they pay you all this money to be in the service and you have all of these benefits. They really got kids who saw how supposedly easy it would be to get a brand new car just because you can get a 'military discount'. I knew better. They really don't pay you shit and you work the same way you would if you weren't in the military. Only real benefits...they'll help you out with your tuition if you choose to further your education (after having to COMMIT to them for so many years), you'll get some free housing and few other little perks that include 15-20% off discounts at a few establishments and that's it. The only reason I'd even CONSIDER doing it would be for the travel. That's why I would've been in the Navy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 12, 2024 12:59 pm