CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Sex Offender Allowed to Enroll at High School, Parents Outraged

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Sex Offender Allowed to Enroll at High School, Parents Outraged Empty Sex Offender Allowed to Enroll at High School, Parents Outraged

Post by Marc™ Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:37 pm

Sex Offender Allowed to Enroll at High School, Parents Outraged
    Steven Holt, 18, was convicted of sex crimes in another state.

KTLA News
    11:12 a.m. CDT, April 14, 2011

YUCCA VALLEY (KTLA) -- Parents at Yucca Valley High School say they're outraged that a convicted sex offender is enrolled as a student.

Steven Holt, 18, was convicted of sex crimes in Wisconsin.

Authorities in San Bernardino County have not released the details of his crimes, but Holt was reportedly involved in multiple sexual assaults with female victims between the ages of 6 and 15.

Holt was allowed to enroll in the special education program at Yucca Valley High on April 4, according to the Morongo Unified School District.

Holt was on campus last week and also rode a school bus, but he was supervised at all times, school officials said.

The district mailed a letter to the families of all its students on Friday explaining the situation.

The letter contained Holt's name and age, but no picture.

Many parents say they're outraged by the decision to allow a registered sex offender to attend classes.

District officials say they understand parents' concerns, but must they must still uphold Holt's right to an education.

Source: http://www.kwch.com/news/ktla-sex-offender-high-school,0,2889534.story
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Sex Offender Allowed to Enroll at High School, Parents Outraged Empty Re: Sex Offender Allowed to Enroll at High School, Parents Outraged

Post by Supernova Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:46 pm

Now if I was the parent of one of those students, my kid would be leaving that school VERY quickly. It's not even like it's just a matter of a girlfriend who was a year younger than him, MULTIPLE assaults with victims between 6 and 15, that is inexcusable.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Sex Offender Allowed to Enroll at High School, Parents Outraged Empty Re: Sex Offender Allowed to Enroll at High School, Parents Outraged

Post by CeCe Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:22 pm

Here's what I'm not getting here. If he's a convicted sex offender & clearly this is not an 18 year old boyfriend, 17 year old girlfriend bullshit "sex offender" situation..why is he allowed to be around kids? I thought there were restrictions that are supposed to be in place.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:06 am

Disgusting! I'd be pulling my kids from that school yesterday! It's a shame they care more about educating a sex offender than protecting their students. Who cares what happens to the innocent little kids, so long as the sex offender gets his education.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:20 pm