CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Adrian LePere
TSJFan4Ever
Chris
7 posters

Matthew

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Matthew Empty Matthew

Post by Chris Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:59 am

Is anyone else tired of seeing Matthew continually act like a bratty little snot and then feel bad about it? His apology to Dani today felt completely hollow to me. Pick a personality and stick to it.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Matthew Empty Re: Matthew

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:30 am

I'm sick of it! Doesn't surprise me he's the way he is,given that he was raised by Nora, who makes excuses for those she cares about - Cole's murder attempt was nothing more than a misdemeanour assault according to her. Matthew's learning from his Mom that he doesn't need to take responsibility for his actions - just offer a few half-hearted words and expect everyone to forgive you and if they don't believe your lame attempts, it's their fault. I see Matthew as a true product of Nora's upbringing.
    Adrian LePere
    Adrian LePere
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 2

Post by Adrian LePere Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:07 am

Matthew teeter tottering from decent to skunky makes him "realistic" (because most kids his age waver from being decent to being bratty), but also shows that they really have no clue what to do with him. He completely lost his front seat when the show decided that Nate went better with Dani. Between Dani being Todd's daughter and Nate being part of the Ford brigade, I see no real investment in Matthew on the writers parts. He's relegated to hanging out with Destiny and Darren.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:13 am

The show needs to really start writing for him better and if they can't do it, give me the pen and I will. Razz
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:42 pm

I think you're right, Adrian LePere - the reason Matthew is the way he is is because TPTB have no clue what to do with him. Matthew's back to what he was prior to the whole Cole paralyzing him storyline - background and filler and little more.
    pisces33
    pisces33
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by pisces33 Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:50 pm

I actually like this Matthew, he doesn't do drugs, try to beat or shoot people to death, he is not a thief, like cough, cough, Nate, he is not rude to Destiny or anyone else at the Country Club. He is unpleasant to Nate but he does not try to get him fired or ask for anything impossible out of him. Nate should just get what Matthew asks for and keep cool. This Matthew seems okay to me, which is more than I can say for poor picked on Nate who I find to be a whiny brat.
    aublack40
    aublack40
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by aublack40 Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:45 pm

he has taken on more of nora's personality with a dose of uncle clint thrown in. While bo is a buchanan he acts like an everyday working man instead of being entitled,spoiled and full of excuses.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by gmruss4 Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:33 pm

I am serious. I just want to smack his smart behind. After the way he act his apoligies mean nothing.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:07 am

Yeah - I see so much of Nora in Matthew and it's just not a good thing - prolly the reason that I'm having a hard time liking him right now. I wish more of Bo would show up.
    pisces33
    pisces33
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by pisces33 Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:11 pm

If Matthew was rude to everyone I would think defferently but it is only to Nate, in which I see a teenager doing to someone he thinks stole his girl. Nate, mother thief, money thief, girl thief, what will he steal next? Not my affection, lol.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:36 pm

I guess I don't feel too bad for Matthew, given that he did the same thing to Destiny that Dani did to him. Nate? I'm mostly indifferent to him. I like James much better - lol!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 2:41 am