CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Nystyle709
Marc™
6 posters

Private Adoption....For or Against?!

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Private Adoption....For or Against?! Empty Private Adoption....For or Against?!

Post by Marc™ Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:19 am

How do you feel about a mother being able to turn her baby over to someone without government interference....good idea or not?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Private Adoption....For or Against?! Empty Re: Private Adoption....For or Against?!

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:30 am

Umm, I'm neither....but I don't think that'd be a good idea essentially. Adoption is making a non biological child your child officially. So you have all the parental responsibilities and rights to said child. It's strictly for legal purposes because in a way, 'private adoption' is already being done. How many children are or have been raised by an aunt, uncle, grandparent, godparent? Lots.
    November Avenue
    November Avenue
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 2

Private Adoption....For or Against?! Empty Re: Private Adoption....For or Against?!

Post by November Avenue Mon Aug 30, 2010 8:39 am

If a woman has someone lined up to take care of her baby, that's ideal. I prefer the idea of Private Adoption to the convoluted mess of public adoption and social services.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:37 am

It's tough to say. It'd be great to be able to do things without government interference, that's always a good thing. But if the mother changes her mind, it would lead to difficulties.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:31 am

Forgiveness_Man wrote:It's tough to say. It'd be great to be able to do things without government interference, that's always a good thing. But if the mother changes her mind, it would lead to difficulties.

Also, a woman who is desperate to not be the mother of her baby may make a hasty decision about who to give the child to; not taking into consideration if they are totally suitable. I'm not against private adoption, but in some cases it definitely wouldn't hurt to have CPS in the loop.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:43 am

^^^^Another valid point. I think maybe they need to have adoptions with less government interference that isn't so private that a kid can just have custody changed by dropping him on a relative's doorstep. I'd look for some sort of middle ground.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Aug 31, 2010 10:36 am

I have never equated a family member being handed off a child to private adoption. I think of private adoption more having to do with a birth mother seeking a couple privately, sans adoption agency, to adopt her baby.

I would be willing to bet that at least 80% of family members raising a baby that was born to family member are not valid adoptions in any manner, and that few are even bonafide foster care situations.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 03, 2024 12:12 am