CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
aublack40
Tony Marino
Chris
7 posters

Rex and Kelly.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Rex and Kelly. Empty Rex and Kelly.

Post by Chris Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:07 am

no

I wish Valentini would reconcile that Rex does not work as a romantic lead and stop thrusting these women at him, as though he is some kind of a virile stud who is irresistible to the opposite gender (when he should have had Nick's role in the Kish story.)  All of his relationships have been duds, and any dalliance he has with Kelly will be too; already I'm annoyed by them.

Rex is a second tier supporting character, who largely only works as a supporting character in b-storylines.  The more they try to make him into a Gen-Text Max Holden, the more he fails.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Rex and Kelly. Empty Re: Rex and Kelly.

Post by Tony Marino Sat Sep 04, 2010 12:30 pm

I agree and I see it coming the failed relationship with Gigi. I have always thought Rex and Christian would have made a very sexy interesting couple.
    aublack40
    aublack40
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by aublack40 Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:00 pm

Rex never was or will be a romantic lead!
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:14 pm

ITA - and the more they try and force it, the bigger a failure. Gex are a huge failure and TPTB trying to force them as lead couples has not worked and now they're trying the same with Rex & Kelly. Rex just doesn't have it in him to be a leading character. He's better as backburner or minor character - the bumbling idiot sidekick who can never get it right, and so on.

At least Rex is more interesting with Kelly than Gigi, though. His scenes with Gigi are cringe-worthy. Pairing him with her was one of the worst mistakes TPTB have made with the character. She's really dragged him down.
    JeanMerc82
    JeanMerc82
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by JeanMerc82 Sat Sep 04, 2010 2:31 pm

bump
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by gmruss4 Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:15 pm

We know they are so predictable that once they get rid of Gigi, that is exactly where they are headed, Kelly and Rex.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by stavdash Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:54 pm

The problem with Rex is that he comes off as more of a teenager than he does a grown man, so it makes little sense that any grown woman would be attracted to him. He is someone Langston or Dani should be crushing on, not a thirty-something woman like Kelly. It makes her look ridiculous.
    JeanMerc82
    JeanMerc82
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by JeanMerc82 Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:39 pm

Rex, Cris and Bobby should be in a triangle. Kelly should go home to Zane.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:25 pm

stavdash wrote:The problem with Rex is that he comes off as more of a teenager than he does a grown man, so it makes little sense that any grown woman would be attracted to him. He is someone Langston or Dani should be crushing on, not a thirty-something woman like Kelly. It makes her look ridiculous.

clapping That's it exactly with Rex, and Gigi, too. They act more like teenagers and belong more with the teen crowd than with the 20's crowd. They're both so childish and immature. I think TPTB will go with the Kelly/Rex pairing, but with Rex acting the way he does, it really should be Starr or Langston who has a crush on him. Starr's shown what poor taste she has and she won't care that Rex faked Sam's death and let her family mourn... well - Starr Thornhart won't care. Starr Manning would rip Rex to shreds. I can't see a grown women being attracted to a child like Rex, either. He and Gigi fit because they both act like a couple of 14 or 15 year olds most of the time.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:42 am