CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Supernova
Tony Marino
Dan70
RiteDiva
Marc™
9 posters

What Should Older Women Never Wear?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

What Should Older Women Never Wear? Empty What Should Older Women Never Wear?

Post by Marc™ Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:21 am

Yes it might be ageist, but woman don't wear short shorts if you're over 50....I don't care how thin you are.
    RiteDiva
    RiteDiva
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 8

What Should Older Women Never Wear? Empty Re: What Should Older Women Never Wear?

Post by RiteDiva Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:30 am

Women shouldn't wear short shorts if they're over 30 IMHO. That stops being cute after around age 23.
    Dan70
    Dan70
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

What Should Older Women Never Wear? Empty Re: What Should Older Women Never Wear?

Post by Dan70 Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:45 am

For the most part I think anything a 50 year old woman looks silly in, a 20 year old also does. We just expect older people to know better.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Sep 12, 2010 11:12 am

Short skirts and a lot of makeup. This includes shirts that would show any kind deep cleavage.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:11 pm

Thongs...but then again NOBODY looks good in those really.
    Booty shorts
    Tube tops
    Shoes that have tall heels...though actually nobody should wear those.

And in response to RiteDiva, how short of shorts are we talking here? Because I know when I'm 50, no way in hell I'm wearing long pants all day, I'm too hot blooded for that.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:06 pm

Thick mascara.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:23 pm

I think that women over 50 who wear the teeny bopper things are dreadful. You know, things that only high school and younger really pull off?

Also, really long hair on older women has always been something I don't find appealing.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:57 pm

Well really, what's so appealing about long hair anyway? All it means is it takes more time to brush, more time to braid, more time and water and soap to wash, and it's that much hotter and unbearable in the summer. Now if some sadist finds that all appealing, I wish they'd enlighten us. And what about men with long hair? At what age is that an obsolete fashion for them?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:28 am

Really long fingernails. Like CoCo from SWV type long.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:33 am

Supernova wrote:Well really, what's so appealing about long hair anyway?

It's more feminine.

All it means is it takes more time to brush, more time to braid, more time and water and soap to wash, and it's that much hotter and unbearable in the summer. Now if some sadist finds that all appealing, I wish they'd enlighten us. And what about men with long hair? At what age is that an obsolete fashion for them?

Short hair is actually more time consuming to manage than long hair. Hair is a woman's crown. If you take care of your hair, it shows that you care about your appearance. There is nothing wrong with that at any age. As far as men with long hair, some pull it off but most don't. I personally think that if you're not going to loc it and actually put in the effort to keep them up, men shouldn't have long hair. Unless your name is Calvin Broadus.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:01 am

Nystyle709 wrote:
    Short hair is actually more time consuming to manage than long hair. Hair is a woman's crown. If you take care of your hair, it shows that you care about your appearance.

Sorry but I spent most of my life with long hair and I'm here to testify that's all a lot of bull. Getting it all cut off was the best idea I ever had and I should've done it years ago, now I wake up in the morning, I'm good to go, I get out of the shower, I run a comb through it, it's fine, if a big wind picks up, hell if I care, not like before when I had to spend a full, literal hour every day brushing it, getting the knots out, and then getting it braided so as not to have to repeat that process several times through the day.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:13 am

Supernova wrote:

Sorry but I spent most of my life with long hair and I'm here to testify that's all a lot of bull. Getting it all cut off was the best idea I ever had and I should've done it years ago, now I wake up in the morning, I'm good to go, I get out of the shower, I run a comb through it, it's fine, if a big wind picks up, hell if I care, not like before when I had to spend a full, literal hour every day brushing it, getting the knots out, and then getting it braided so as not to have to repeat that process several times through the day.

Well, since you obviously don't care about how it looks and styling your hair, I guess is would be easier for you. Short hairstyles are MUCH more time consuming to maintain and to keep up as far as styling and looking presentable. I know that for a fact and I've never had short hair. I would never cut my hair. Partly because I'm too chicken to do it. I like having a head full of hair.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:17 am

How can having shorter hair take MORE time to do? Think about it, no knots, no tangles, too short to find any split ends, and unless it's hair with a mind of its own that gooks out in all directions possibe, no mousse, no spray, no gel, and no need for any accessories like barretts or scrunchies or those rubber band things for ponytails, just brush it over once and you're good for the day. Only thing that takes any time is getting it cut once a month.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:46 am

I don't feel that longer hair suits older women either, I think it usually makes them look tired. Shorter cuts make them look more sophisticated.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Sep 14, 2010 7:36 am

Supernova wrote:How can having shorter hair take MORE time to do? Think about it, no knots, no tangles, too short to find any split ends, and unless it's hair with a mind of its own that gooks out in all directions possibe, no mousse, no spray, no gel, and no need for any accessories like barretts or scrunchies or those rubber band things for ponytails, just brush it over once and you're good for the day. Only thing that takes any time is getting it cut once a month.

Like I said, if you don't care about styling your hair and making it look presentable, then it wouldn't matter to you. Most women don't like walking around looking like a chicken with its head cut off. To maintain a short hairstyle, you DO need mousse, spray, gel, etc. If you're not going to do it yourself, you need to get it done at least every two weeks. You have to constantly have it trimmed and the cost and time adds up, esp if you're doing it yourself. At least with long hair, if you don't want to bother styling it, you can put it in a ponytail and be done. Short hair that is crazy looking takes more effort to hide. Only but so many hats you can wear. You can't just walk out of the house looking any kind of way. Bad hair days with short hair are really bad. But of course, it's only a preference.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 5:10 am