CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Tony Marino
Forgiveness Man
ForeverJash
7 posters

One Life to Live Gets a Jolt of Life With New Producer Deal

ForeverJash
    ForeverJash
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Rep : 9

One Life to Live Gets a Jolt of Life With New Producer Deal Empty One Life to Live Gets a Jolt of Life With New Producer Deal

Post by ForeverJash Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:56 pm

One Life to Live Gets a Jolt of Life With New Producer Deal

One Life to Live Gets a Jolt of Life With New Producer Deal Tv-guide-news
    Sep 29, 2010 12:46 PM ET
    by Michael Logan

One Life to Live Gets a Jolt of Life With New Producer Deal 100929mag-one-life-to-live1Lenny Platt, Nic Robuck, David Gregory

Maybe this will help put those pesky cancellation rumors to rest. TV Guide Magazine has exclusively learned from ABC that the network recently struck new deals with One Life to Live executive producer Frank Valentini and head writer Ron Carlivati. Valentini, who yesterday celebrated his 25th anniversary with OLTL,has signed a two-year contract to remain with the show. Carlivati'scontract is for three years. Unlike CBS and NBC, ABC actually owns itsdaytime dramas, so the concept of a show pick-up doesn't really applyhere. Thus, this news is as close as it comes to ABC acknowledging itscommitment to keep the show on the air. Next week, I'll bring you thefirst post-deal interview with Valentini and Carlivati, in which theydiscuss their new lease on Life and where they plan to take the show in the future. In the meantime, can we all just relax a little bit?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

One Life to Live Gets a Jolt of Life With New Producer Deal Empty Re: One Life to Live Gets a Jolt of Life With New Producer Deal

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:06 pm

They are keeping RC? Yeah, they want the show to tank. Razz
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

One Life to Live Gets a Jolt of Life With New Producer Deal Empty Re: One Life to Live Gets a Jolt of Life With New Producer Deal

Post by Tony Marino Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:16 pm

Great news, I don't care that RC and FV are still with the show, I am happy my show will be around a lot longer!!
    allison13
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by allison13 Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:32 pm

Now if they would only start writing decent sls for all the characters,regardless of age,and ease off on the eye candy.
    JeanMerc82
    JeanMerc82
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by JeanMerc82 Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:54 pm

Maybe they can have Blair out of the TnT storylines!
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:51 pm

Blaire has no life outside of TnT and in particular, Todd. That's why they keep thrusting her into all of his storylines. I think if I knew Trevor's future with the show, I'd feel a little bit more excited but I'm really not enjoying OLTL lately and am not looking forward to how TPTB will continue trying to trash Todd.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:14 am

At least they got away from most of the teeny bopper storylines.
    JeanMerc82
    JeanMerc82
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by JeanMerc82 Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:26 pm

I just hope that the writing for the show and the characters gets better!
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by gmruss4 Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:30 pm

Maybe they will get a clue eventually. At least I hope they do.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:51 am

Yeah - moving away from the teenie boppers was a huge improvement! If I wanted a teen show, I'd watch 90210 or something like that. Now if they could just move totally away from Gex and John/Natalie (Jartilie seems so much more fitting - harsh and awkward, just the way they are).
    JeanMerc82
    JeanMerc82
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female

Post by JeanMerc82 Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:42 pm

I just hope that this time they won't screw it up. What the hell who am i kidding there is still Brian Frons eye roll

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:19 pm