CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Supernova
RiteDiva
Alan Smithee
CeCe
Kral
Jason B.
10 posters

Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself Empty Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself

Post by Jason B. Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:02 pm

When the lines, gray hairs, bags, etc. start to form...do you
    A) Suck it up and accept that nature takes its course
    B) Fight it with Botox, lifts, Dyes, etc.
    Kral
    Kral
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 30

Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself Empty Re: Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself

Post by Kral Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:38 pm

Option B! Razz
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself Empty Re: Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself

Post by CeCe Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:44 pm

A)suck it up for the most part. I've always dyed my hair & always will. But the nips tucks & botoxing just make people look like circus freaks. There has to be a limit as to how much the human face can be pulled & still kept on the front of your head. Lips that look like a baboons behind are not attractive. There are so many butchered faces all over the place this is one lesson I'm not going to have to learn the hard way for a change.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:30 pm

I'm 54 and have the body of a 25 year old. And if he ever finds out what I did to it he's going to be pissed! :biggrin:
    RiteDiva
    RiteDiva
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by RiteDiva Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:01 pm

People who try and fight aging by artificial means just wind up getting older faster, and looking worse. You fight aging by staying healthy, being active, embracing change and acknowledging the truth. No one stays twenty-three forever (thank God.)
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:08 pm

No, no one stays 23 forever, much as we'd like to. But the only altering I intend to ever do is when I'm round about 50 or so, getting a breast reduction so that when I'm an old woman they don't sag down like suspenders. All other things, bring them on when the time comes.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:08 pm

A man decides to have a face-lift for his birthday. He spends $5,000 and feels really good about the results. On his way home, he stops at a newsstand and buys a paper.

Before leaving, he says to the sales clerk, "I hope you don't mind me asking, but how old do you think I am?" "About 35," was the reply. "I'm actually 47," the man says, feeling really happy. After that, he goes into McDonalds for lunch and asks the clerk the same question. The reply is, "Oh, you look about 29". "I am actually 47."

Later, while standing at a bus stop, he asks an old woman the same question. She replies, "I am 85 years old, and my eyesight is going. But when I was young, there was a sure way of telling a man's age. If I put my hand down your pants and play with your balls for 10 minutes, I will be able to tell you your exact age."

As there was no one around, the man thinks, What the hell and lets her slip her hand down his pants. Ten minutes later, the old lady says, "Okay, it's done. You are 47." Stunned, the man says, "That was brilliant. How did you do that?" The old lady replies, "I was behind you at McDonalds."
    RiteDiva
    RiteDiva
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by RiteDiva Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:16 pm

alan smithee wrote:A man decides to have a face-lift for his birthday. He spends $5,000 and feels really good about the results. On his way home, he stops at a newsstand and buys a paper.

Before leaving, he says to the sales clerk, "I hope you don't mind me asking, but how old do you think I am?" "About 35," was the reply. "I'm actually 47," the man says, feeling really happy. After that, he goes into McDonalds for lunch and asks the clerk the same question. The reply is, "Oh, you look about 29". "I am actually 47."

Later, while standing at a bus stop, he asks an old woman the same question. She replies, "I am 85 years old, and my eyesight is going. But when I was young, there was a sure way of telling a man's age. If I put my hand down your pants and play with your balls for 10 minutes, I will be able to tell you your exact age."

As there was no one around, the man thinks, What the hell and lets her slip her hand down his pants. Ten minutes later, the old lady says, "Okay, it's done. You are 47." Stunned, the man says, "That was brilliant. How did you do that?" The old lady replies, "I was behind you at McDonalds."

laughing
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:18 am

LOL, Alan!

As far as the original topic, I color my hair. Always will. I doubt I would do any cosmetic surgery. I am not model, but there is no need. I am just the average me and that is fine.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:13 pm

alan smithee wrote:A man decides to have a face-lift for his birthday. He spends $5,000 and feels really good about the results. On his way home, he stops at a newsstand and buys a paper.

LOL Growing older Gracefully vs. Altering Yourself 327433
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Oct 02, 2010 12:20 pm

Well, since I already color my hair.....when I start seeing the gray hair coming in and I'm not feeling it, I'll definitely dye it. Won't even think about it. Other than that, I don't think I'd do anything drastic to combat aging. I'll try the wrinkle creams to see if it works and that's about it. Forget Botox and injecting foreign material into my body. I'm going to get older and if I don't want to age, then I should just kill myself. Want to 'look' younger, take care of your body from within.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:Well, since I already color my hair.....when I start seeing the gray hair coming in and I'm not feeling it, I'll definitely dye it. Won't even think about it. Other than that, I don't think I'd do anything drastic to combat aging. I'll try the wrinkle creams to see if it works and that's about it. Forget Botox and injecting foreign material into my body. I'm going to get older and if I don't want to age, then I should just kill myself. Want to 'look' younger, take care of your body from within.

I remember whining about turning thirty, and my dad very dryly saying to me that the only alternative to aging is immediate death. Die tomorrow and you'll be remembered forever young.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:54 pm

Yeah, nobody wants to get old but it sure beats the hell out of the alternative. And people let themselves get old before their time by buying into stereotypes that you have to act a certain way at a certain age. Or worse, look a certain way. It's reached the point now where teens are getting cosmetic surgery. It's just absurd. For some people it can be a necessity, like drooping eyelids that might obscure vision or something. But no way am I gonna have my face tugged & pulled & injected with who knows what so other people can think I look good.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:56 am

Once on TV I saw this guy who was in for some kind of cosmetic operation, they showed the doctor SAWING the flesh on the side of his face open. To hell with that, I'll have the wrinkles and sags and whatever else.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:10 am

Age gracefully, let nature take its course.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:12 am

Exactly, a little gray hair and wrinkles never hurt anybody, and it never killed them, but some of those procedures might just do that, and then where are you? Meeting the same dead end earlier on because of a case of vanity.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:00 pm

Supernova wrote: Meeting the same dead end earlier on because of a case of vanity.
    co-signs

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 9:30 pm