CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno?

Poll

Which Irwin Allen movie of the 1970s do you prefer?

[ 1 ]
    Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? Bar_left33%Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? Bar_right [33%] 
    [ 2 ]
    Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? Bar_left67%Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? Bar_right [67%] 
    [ 0 ]
    Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? Bar_left0%Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? Bar_right [0%] 

Total Votes: 3
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? Empty Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno?

Post by Supernova Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:20 pm

Which disaster movie from the 70s do you prefer and think is the better of the two? The Poseidon Adventure, or The Towering Inferno?

I've gotta go with Towering Inferno, fire makes for a better story than water, and getting 300 people out of a room 135 floors up with the fire above and below them, now that's exciting.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? Empty Re: Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno?

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:18 pm

Honestly, I'm not crazy about either. Maybe it's just the genre. I'm not saying either is horrible, just mot my first choice.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno? Empty Re: Poseidon Adventure vs. Towering Inferno?

Post by Tony Marino Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:18 pm

It was a hard choice to make since both of them are fantastic disaster movies with a great cast of actors. The re-make of Posideon was not as good as the original.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:53 pm

Tony Marino wrote: The re-make of Posideon was not as good as the original.

They never are, not really...it seems like the last great remakes of older movies ended in the early 90s.
    adamwarlock
    adamwarlock
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by adamwarlock Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:57 pm

My vote's for Poseidon Adventure. A small group trying to get out of the ship before it goes under. Kept it simple and somewhat believable.

To me, Towering Inferno has too many unbelievable moments (esp. the solution to saving everyone which sounds worse than burning up). It was an "all star cast" movie with all kinds of soap opera subplots. It's OK, but corny. There were worse disaster movies to come.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 9:08 am