CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

"Halloween was invented by the candy companies"

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

"Halloween was invented by the candy companies" Empty "Halloween was invented by the candy companies"

Post by Supernova Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:14 pm

Okay, so I brought this up on the movie board in connection to Hocus Pocus, but I think it deserves its own thread.

You hear this in TV and movies, some smart ass who doesn't know anything says 'everybody knows Halloween was invented by the candy companies'. WHO comes up with this stuff? Who would ever believe that? Does anybody believe it for that matter? I would think not given the long history that Halloween has, but you never know, there are plenty of morons in the world. If there are people who think 100 is half of 1000, then it wouldn't surprise me if some people did.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

"Halloween was invented by the candy companies" Empty Re: "Halloween was invented by the candy companies"

Post by RedBedroom Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:15 am

My son's paternal uncle is the type who says stupid shit like that all the time, and it drives me nuts. Some folks say things purposely to be against the grain. His classic comment was that the worst thing you can do for a kitchen burn on your fingers is run it under cold water.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

"Halloween was invented by the candy companies" Empty Re: "Halloween was invented by the candy companies"

Post by Supernova Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:26 am

Geez, like the kind of guy you could say the sky is blue and he'll say it's not, just for the sake of arguing with you because YOU said it.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:38 am

Right on...that pretty much describes him!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:44 am

I've known a few people like that, especially online...I remember there was this one woman who was a real...I'll say it, bitch, and in the beginning we could get along alright, but ANY time I said ANY thing that didn't fit how she lived her life, she was all over my back about 'now WAIT a minute! blah blah blah' and I finally asked everybody on the board 'you ever have someone argue with you so much, you could say the sky is blue and they'd say it isn't JUST because YOU said it?', NEVER named any names and up comes Miss Do-everything-my-way going 'don't think I don't know who you're talking about'. And then she had the nerve to say SHE was an open minded person.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:56 am

Ugh, I have zero tolerance for those types online. It is maddening how people with a false sense of authority spew their crud online. I can not stand that. It is actually easier to take the bull shit in person than online because when a person is obvious in the b.s. online, I wonder what the heck kind of draw they get from that? At least in person, the delusional person thinks they may gain respect in person/save face. But, online, anybody can be full of it, so if we can't take folks on face value after an obvious lie, what is the point? I don't lie ever. But if I was going to spew some b.s., I wouldn't do it online. My life is painfully average, but I like what I have going, so no need to embellish.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 5:42 pm