CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+13
FightSleep
Forgiveness Man
RedBedroom
AtownPeep
stavdash
CeCe
kinetic
Nhaiyel
mindfuck
binky04
Marc™
SkwirtB
Chris
17 posters

The 'Adam Lambert' Discussion thread

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The 'Adam Lambert' Discussion thread Empty The 'Adam Lambert' Discussion thread

Post by Chris Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:10 pm

The 'Adam Lambert' Discussion thread Adamlamberthairstyle
    The
    Adam Lambert
    Discussion thread!
    Discuss all things Adam Lambert-related here.

SkwirtB
    SkwirtB
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 6

The 'Adam Lambert' Discussion thread Empty Adam Lambert slams Susan Boyle

Post by SkwirtB Wed Feb 24, 2010 4:26 am

22 February 2010
    Post your comment
    Openly-gay American Idol singer Adam Lambert claims his UK audience is "more tolerant" about homosexuality than the US, according to the latest issue of GT.

Speaking to the leading gay monthly, the performer said: “I just think that you guys in the UK are way ahead in terms of tolerance. It’s really interesting. In the UK and in Europe it’s less of an issue [being gay] because people are more comfortable with their sexualities.

"And not just the gay thing, but even playful things, like the concept of androgyny. That is something that generally many Americans are uncomfortable with.”

He later went on to discuss Susan Boyle, who kept him off the top spot in the charts. He said: “I’m happy for her success, but that album is terrible. Wild Horses is the one that just made me laugh the hardest. I just died when I heard it, I was crying with laughter. It was the most horrendous, sacrilegious treatment of that song!”

March’s issue of GT Magazine is on sale 24 February and also features exclusives with The X Factors’ Olly Murs, Kim Cattrall and Desperate Housewives’ Shawn Pyfrom, plus plastic surgery disasters and self sucking: How far would
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

The 'Adam Lambert' Discussion thread Empty Re: The 'Adam Lambert' Discussion thread

Post by Marc™ Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:01 pm

If you take a step back and think about the fact that both Lambert’s and Boyle’s albums were released the same week....and that hers sold more in its first week than his has altogether now....it’s really easy to predict where Lambert’s vitriol might be coming from.

Methinks he’s jilted because HE was counting on getting that number one debut that Boyle managed to snag instead. I’m sure no one in his camp dreamed that he wouldn’t be able to topple her.

It was to make headlines, and they were going to try and market it to the hilt: “Openly gay Lambert breaks the social barrier with his #1 album.”

From there, the hype [Lambert's camp were probably projecting] would have been similar to what we’re seeing with Ke$ha. Then the very unglamourous, middle aged Boyle, with her album of melodramatic, dinner-theater covers, thwarted all that.

Damn her. She ruined the plan.

From there it seems like it’s been more valley’s than peaks for Lambert. His album sales aren’t matching the pre-hype…ever since his tacky performance at the AMA’s, he’s been under recurring media scrutiny....is getting next to no radio airplay....and the public is seeming to more and more lose interest in him. Adam’s house of cards just isn’t stacking up the way they all planned....and it all seemingly began when Boyle’s album managed to flagrantly outperform his when they went head to head.

See why he thinks her music is horrendous?

Last edited by *Optimum on Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
    binky04
    binky04
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 3

The 'Adam Lambert' Discussion thread Empty Re: The 'Adam Lambert' Discussion thread

Post by binky04 Wed Feb 24, 2010 3:21 pm

GH played Mad world so much that i went out and bought the album , quite good actually. My mother bought the Susan Boyle album and i must say this woman's voice is amazing. See what is wrong with the music industry is image Beyonce while greatly talented and hardworking also very beautiful her voice is not match for Mariah's or Amy Winehouse or Patti Labelle or Arthea Franklin yeat Beyonce has more Grammy's than these pure voice women Don't get me wrong Beyonce is a great entertainer but her voice his just good and she has worked very hard for all that she has
    mindfuck
    mindfuck
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by mindfuck Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:51 pm

Meh.

Lambert may be a douche but in this case he's right. Her version of Wild Horses is some kind of joke. She sings everything like a hymn.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:02 am

Who knows. Perhaps he is a bit salty about having to share the spotlight with Boyle, but I'd agree that he is right about her cover. I've heard snippets of most of her album, and the majority of it leaves me cold. The arrangements for everything is uber melodramatic; akin to a one-woman show, where the star is singing alone on a stage in front of a pitch black background.
    kinetic
    kinetic
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 19

The 'Adam Lambert' Discussion thread Empty What's your opinion of Adam Lambert?

Post by kinetic Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:48 am

What's your opinion of Adam Lambert?
    The 'Adam Lambert' Discussion thread Adam-lambert

I didn't ask this in the music section because I figured it would get more attention here. Personally he creeps me out, I think he looks like a gothic ostrich.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:04 am

I actually like him. A bit over the top sometimes but he is very talented.
    stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by stavdash Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:08 am

He has talent, but I think the way he presents himself completely distracts attention away from it. He comes off like too much of a sideshow.
    In the words of Madea: "If you have talent, you don't need a gimmick...your talent is your gimmick."
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:25 am

There is something about him that gives me the willies too, like he seems a little menacing or something.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:26 am

I am pretty much indifferent to all those who were on AI. Sure, many have talent, including Lambert, but I am not a fan of anything to do with the show.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:49 am

The bastard son of Boy George and Liza Minelli.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:51 am

He's over the top, overrated, and kind of weird. And from what I've heard of his music, I am not impressed.
    FightSleep
    FightSleep
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 1

Post by FightSleep Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:25 am

He looks like a drag queen.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:31 pm

His music is not bad but as a person I don't like him.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:42 pm

He's obnoxious IMO and very "manufactured".
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:29 pm

Who?
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Post by Wadsworth Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:37 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:Who?

Yep.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 7:32 pm