CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

What did you used to dress up as for Halloween?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

What did you used to dress up as for Halloween? Empty What did you used to dress up as for Halloween?

Post by Supernova Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:53 am

Those of you who went that is...and were you always what you wanted to be?

I remember most of my costumes, when I was very little, like 4 I think, my mother made us these cowboy costumes that we had complete with our toy guns, and one year we were Power Rangers, my brother was Jason, I was Kimberly, and it was murder trying to see through that mask.

Two years in a row my mother had made this glittery pink princess dress for me, complete with the pointy hat, and it was okay but that long skirt about tripped me down this one set of stairs.

Another time, I made my own costume and went as a burglar, I put on my black turtleneck, and my black shoes and jeans, and took a black cardboard blindfold from one of those pin the so and so on games, cut eyeholes into it and made it a mask. And I could never figure out why a burglar was okay, but when I said I wanted to be a prisoner in the black and white suit with the ball and chain, my mother was all 'ohhhh noooo'.

Another year, this around the time Dragonball Z was a craze over here, my brother made us all suits of Saiyan armor out of cardboard, and it was very professional looking stuff for cardboard, so that's what we went as that year.

I had also planned, the year I was 9, to go as the Headless Horseman but those plans fell through, and I always wanted to be a vampire and when I was little I wanted to be a witch, but those plans fell through too. For the most part I got to be what I wanted, but I always hated there weren't enough years to put together ALL the costumes I wanted to use.

How about everybody else?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

What did you used to dress up as for Halloween? Empty Re: What did you used to dress up as for Halloween?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:58 am

As a kid, I was a bum a lot. Mom must have thought that was easy. I remember best my plastic Wonder Woman costume, LOVED it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

What did you used to dress up as for Halloween? Empty Re: What did you used to dress up as for Halloween?

Post by Supernova Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:08 am

RedBedroom wrote:As a kid, I was a bum a lot. Mom must have thought that was easy. I remember best my plastic Wonder Woman costume, LOVED it.

Funny you say bum. I'm reading a book called October Dreams, bunch of short stories by different writers, and a crap load of 'my favorite Halloween memory'. For all these different writers, they sure agree on a lot of the same things, a couple of them:

1. What the hell is up with this Pokemon costume craze?
    2. When they dressed up for Halloween, they were always hobos or pirates, and burnt cork was a MUST for the face makeup.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 6:57 am