CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
Shale
Chris
Nystyle709
Marc™
Tony Marino
RedBedroom
Impact
Alan Smithee
Ghost1P
13 posters

Do you have a good relationship with your father?

Ghost1P
    Ghost1P
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 6

Do you have a good relationship with your father? Empty Do you have a good relationship with your father?

Post by Ghost1P Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:48 pm

I've been lurking for awhile but this is a question I have wanted to ask.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Do you have a good relationship with your father? Empty Re: Do you have a good relationship with your father?

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:02 pm

The older I got, the better our relationship got. We're pretty close now but for distance. As a kid though? Not so much.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Do you have a good relationship with your father? Empty Re: Do you have a good relationship with your father?

Post by Impact Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:17 am

My relationship with my dad is virtually non existent.
    Ghost1P
    Ghost1P
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 6

Post by Ghost1P Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:32 am

I ask this question because for the most part I simply can not relate. My father passed away in 2004 but before he did he was must best friend. We were less father and son and more Junior and Senior. As a kid he was DAD....(in every sense of the word) my pop was my example and my standard setter. It usually puts me a at odds with my peers.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:23 am

Ghost, good to know that your Father was so amazing.

My dad is nice to me and loves me, but doesn't take a huge interest in my life. And I really think it is because he doesn't know how to.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:27 pm

Glad you had a good relationship with your father. My Dad and I never got along, we still don't, he does not like me very much and I am not overly fond of him either. He is old now and I take care of his needs and try to avoid most conversation because we always end up in a fight. It makes me very sad that my father and I never had any kind of relationship, but in his mind he thinks he was the model father to which I laugh out loud.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:38 pm