CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Tony Marino
Supernova
Chris
femme fatale
8 posters

Partners 'n Passwords

femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Partners 'n Passwords Empty Partners 'n Passwords

Post by femme fatale Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:00 am

So I started dating this guy and he is cool. We've been going out for about a month now BUT I've known him for about 6 mons. He is a good guy usually, but today I get a text from this buffoon saying "Let me get your facebook password". I thought he had texted the wrong person so I texted back and said NO. He went off! Ohhh chile, he called me and told me I was a shady person, he can't trust me and this relationship now and that he has reason to believe I'm cheating. I said WTF you are crazy, I don't want you on my sh*t snooping through my stuff. He said he wasn't going to read anything, just glance over my page. I said you can glance as a friend, not under my name. He hung up on me, I'm done with this fool. Why are people taking this facebook sh*t seriously?! I mean he pretty much showed me his true colors if he can claim all this from me not giving up my privacy.

So should couples have each other passowords on social sites? I dont understand him and his bitch fit.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Partners 'n Passwords Empty Re: Partners 'n Passwords

Post by Chris Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:00 am

That guy was crazy, I'd leave him alone if I were you.

When you're in a long term, committed relationship, I tend to think that there should be few secrets, so when it comes to things like Facebook and cell phones, the password shouldn't be privileged information. On the other hand, your partner shouldn't be snooping around your shit, looking for something to raise an eyebrow at, either. Within general openness, there should still be a respect for the other persons space and privacy.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:03 am

One of the first things you teach kids when they get online is NEVER give out your password to ANYBODY, growing up doesn't change that one, you STILL never want anybody to know it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:48 am

Guy sounds like a nut job. Hell no would I have given him my password to ANYTHING!!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:15 pm

Yeah, co-sign with everybody else.....you did right. And to answer the question, hell no. Told ya'll, these social sites ain't nothing but the devil. Together or not, there is a such thing as privacy.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:34 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:Yeah, co-sign with everybody else.....you did right. And to answer the question, hell no. Told ya'll, these social sites ain't nothing but the devil. Together or not, there is a such thing as privacy.

Indeeeeeed, I don't even write down all my passwords on the offchance I would ever forget one. The only reason anybody would need your password would be to tell all your online friends that you have died.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:54 pm

femme fatale wrote: ... So should couples have each other passowords on social sites? I dont understand him and his bitch fit.
    The guy was a nut and you are lucky that he let you see that before you got too deeply involved. I would give no one my passwords on those sites. I have found bogus posts on forum boards that the real person came on and said that was not her, it was her B/F posting under her name. Trust No One.

Supernova wrote: Indeeeeeed, I don't even write down all my passwords on the offchance I would ever forget one. The only reason anybody would need your password would be to tell all your online friends that you have died.
    Here is a good point. I have written all my passwords down to MySpace, Facebook and about a dozen other forum boards. I live alone so no one will be snooping around. Also, I have to refer to the list now and then to see which password to use.

But the other thing is I let my grandson know where to locate the passwords so he can log on and message everyone that I won't be around any more.

Srsly, I have a close cyberfriend on MySpace who had to have heart surgery. There were complications and I and a lot of his friends were so glad that his sister logged on and gave us updates on what was happening with him.

I would suggest that everyone on a forum board make such plans. Not that it will be your problem but as a courtesy to those cyberfriends who have come to know you and may even miss you. BTW, that cyberfriend who nearly died was only 24 years old.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Nov 17, 2010 10:57 am

Wow, that guy was a nut! Good thing you learned it when you did.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:01 am

Maybe it's just me, but I really don't care about things like email....facebook....phones....etc. She can keep her passwords, not at all interested in who she's talking to. If they're being unfaithful it will eventually come out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 10:14 am