CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
Cheaps
Marc™
6 posters

Friday Night Videos

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Friday Night Videos Empty Friday Night Videos

Post by Marc™ Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:37 am

Friday Night Videos FNV_logo_2

Does anyone remember Friday Night Videos? Used to come on NBC on late Friday nights and show an hours worth of music videos. It was for us po' folks in the 1980s and early 90s who didn't have cable (MTV.) From 1989 to 1993 (before it was retooled into Friday Night) I used to stay up late, watching and recording the videos.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Friday Night Videos Empty Re: Friday Night Videos

Post by Cheaps Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:45 am

yup!! i remember very well Smile

we didnt get cable til bout 90 i think..even after gettin cable i still watched
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:21 am

Same here. We didn't get cable until '91. I had filled a small handful of VHS cassettes with music videos from Friday Night Videos and the few other lingering music video shows that aired on broadcast TV during the late 80s. When we FINALLY got cable....I went hogwhile recording from MTV and VH-1 for a few months, filled up about about 3 tapes of videos from them. Got board with it, then went back to Friday Night Videos. Still recorded from MTV from time to time, but remained loyal to FNV. When was cancelled/revamped in early '94 into Friday Night, I had no choice but to go back to using MTV. Did that until around 2001. At that point taping videos just old, so I finally stopped.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:28 am

I remember it and also TBS used to have videos on all night until the wee hours of the morning I think it was called Night Tracks. Also, I think it was ABC that had Dance Videos on with DJ Carlos De Jesus.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:38 pm

^ That was New York Hot Tracks. I never saw it aired cause I was a tad too young while it was at its peak in popularity....but my cousin had music video VHS circa about 1985-87 and it featured videos from it. Jesse and Angie from All My Children hosted it after the Puerto Rican guy left. Whereas FNV was all about top 40, Hot Tracks I think was more dance-y/urban-y.

I saw Night Tracks on TBS a few times, but not often because we didn't get cable until the early 90s and by the show was winding down.

Music video shows were popular in the middle to latter 80s. Also remember America's Top 10, Hit Video USA, Smash Hits, Night Flight
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:12 pm

Yep that was it, NY hot tracks, I remember as a kid I used to stay up and watch all the video shows it was so unique at the time.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:48 am

I don't remember it at all. I didn't watch a lot of TV in high school, though, so maybe that's why.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:40 am

I only saw it a few times when it was Friday Night. As a kid, my parents didn't let me stay up that late–not even on Friday nights, so by the time it aired, I was usually sleep.
    Rainmaker
    Rainmaker
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by Rainmaker Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:36 pm

I remember it very well. It came on Friday nights after the Tonight Show I believe. This was before the Late Show was on every night. When they extended that to 5 nights a week it was bumped back an hour. Good source of music videos for anyone who didn't have cable (MTV) but I remember them often repeating the same videos week to week.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 12:18 pm