CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+10
RiteDiva
MandyPerfumeGirl
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
Impact
Nystyle709
Shale
GrayWolf
Forgiveness Man
Chris
14 posters

Is it shameful to be a virgin after a certain age?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Is it shameful to be a virgin after a certain age? Empty Is it shameful to be a virgin after a certain age?

Post by Chris Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:03 am

Many will applaud a teenager, and even an early twenty-something, for keeping their virginity in tact – as opposed to giving into the temptation to have sex. However, do you think that there comes a certain age where retained virginity becomes less noble and more sad?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Is it shameful to be a virgin after a certain age? Empty Re: Is it shameful to be a virgin after a certain age?

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:08 am

Um no, why on earth would it? I think it is much sadder that somebody would have sex just to avoid being an older virgin. How could it be sad?
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Is it shameful to be a virgin after a certain age? Empty Re: Is it shameful to be a virgin after a certain age?

Post by GrayWolf Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:18 am

I guess my question to a virgin over the age of 25 is "What the hell are you waiting for...and if you haven't found it by now, what if you never do?" Gonna leap into middle and old age STILL never having had sex??? deranged
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:24 am

Chris wrote:Many will applaud a teenager, and even an early twenty-something, for keeping their virginity in tact – as opposed to giving into the temptation to have sex. However, do you think that there comes a certain age where retained virginity becomes less noble and more sad?
    Yes, sad that someone would miss out on the joys of sharing sexuality with another person. It is one of lifes pleasures and I would feel sad for someone missing out on that.

There are asexual ppl and if they are truly happy with no urges, then that is great for them. However, if it is someone purposely foregoing sexual urges for some fucked up guilt ridden religious doctrine (that has been proven to not be consistently practiced by those preaching it) then it is quite sad.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:32 am

Shale wrote:
    Yes, sad that someone would miss out on the joys of sharing sexuality with another person. It is one of lifes pleasures and I would feel sad for someone missing out on that.

There are asexual ppl and if they are truly happy with no urges, then that is great for them. However, if it is someone purposely foregoing sexual urges for some fucked up guilt ridden religious doctrine (that has been proven to not be consistently practiced by those preaching it) then it is quite sad.

co-signs
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:14 am

Proven to be consistently not practiced? That I'd just outright not true. If you wanna have sex, that is your biz, but judging people who chose otherwise, why?

There are many reasons not to do it when society says you should. Attacking people's religious beliefs because they don't sleep around as a result? And people call the abstinence folk judgemental. Apparently they are not alone.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:59 am

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Proven to be consistently not practiced? That I'd just outright not true. ...

I know you don't read THE MEDIA, but let me torture you with some headlines I have at hand, which no one disputed.

Bishop resigns - admits sexual abuse
    Archdiocese (Boston) to pay 86 alleged victims
    Minister found naked with teen
    Priest accused of decades of abuse
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:28 am

Forgiveness_Man wrote:Proven to be consistently not practiced? That I'd just outright not true. If you wanna have sex, that is your biz, but judging people who chose otherwise, why?

There are many reasons not to do it when society says you should. Attacking people's religious beliefs because they don't sleep around as a result? And people call the abstinence folk judgemental. Apparently they are not alone.
    And why are you assuming that people who do have sex are 'sleeping around'?
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:46 am

GrayWolf wrote:I guess my question to a virgin over the age of 25 is "What the hell are you waiting for...and if you haven't found it by now, what if you never do?" Gonna leap into middle and old age STILL never having had sex??? deranged

IA. Everyone barring monks and nuns by their middle 20s (whether they're married or not) should have experienced a functional adult relationship. And adult relationships involve sex. I'm all for waiting until you're mature enough to handle it, but at a certain point it becomes procrastination.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:05 am

I don't know how people like that have the nerve to even show their faces in public! Wink
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:10 am

I guess there is nothing wrong with it but in reality it is a pity to let the younger years go by without experiencing the joys of sex when a person is in their prime of life. To each his own, I would never mock anyone that is a virgin no matter what age.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:12 am

Sex is one of many joys in life. There's more to life than sex and if somebody's life is fulfilled enough that they don't need sex to make it worth it, I say more power to them. Few people really remain virgins lifelong anyway without entering a religious state. Some just take longer to find somebody they want to share that experience with. I say better to wait and do it with the right person than rush into it and do it with the wrong person.

Besides, I think if you don't NEED sex, when you finally do get to experience it, you'll end up enjoying it more. Wink
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:46 pm

Chris wrote:Many will applaud a teenager, and even an early twenty-something, for keeping their virginity in tact – as opposed to giving into the temptation to have sex. However, do you think that there comes a certain age where retained virginity becomes less noble and more sad?

I don't think retaining virginity at any age is sad at all. If you're a 37 year-old virgin, so what? There's no rule that says you have to do it by a certain age. Why they're waiting is their business and I don't think they should be ridiculed for it or be met with assinine comments like "what are you waiting for?" - comments like that just pressure them and it doesn't help anything.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sun Nov 28, 2010 2:52 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:I say better to wait and do it with the right person than rush into it and do it with the wrong person.

Very well said FM, I agree.
    RiteDiva
    RiteDiva
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by RiteDiva Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:43 pm

I don't know if "shameful" is the right word, but it is definitely sad when someone squanders or waste their sexuality. Human sexuality is a natural gift. It's one thing to be selective, but as they say: "If you don't use it, you lose it."
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:08 pm

Forgiveness_Man wrote:...I say better to wait and do it with the right person than rush into it and do it with the wrong person...
    This "right person" concept has always been problematic with me. I have had sex with 60 ppl over the years. Did it exclusively with one woman for about 15 years, but I didn't lose my virginity to her.

I lost that to a $3 Mexican whore. At that moment she was the right person for that lesson. The rest has been post-grad work and all of them were right for the moment.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:13 pm

^^^^Well you can only speak for yourself. It's hardly shameful for somebody to have less liberal ideas about who they have sex with.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:57 pm

Tony Marino wrote:I guess there is nothing wrong with it but in reality it is a pity to let the younger years go by without experiencing the joys of sex when a person is in their prime of life. To each his own, I would never mock anyone that is a virgin no matter what age.

" "
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:10 pm

I don't think it is shameful at all. It doesn't have to happen on anyone's timeline but one's own.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:17 am

Calling it shameful sounds rude but I don't envy a 40 year old virgin at all... AT ALL.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:23 am

Why should it be? Some people have no desire to hit the mattress with anybody. What about asexual people? You hardly hear anything about them as it is, should they further be treated like sideshow freaks for being what they naturally are? Some people are happy just being by themselves, :biggrin: in more ways than one.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 3:53 am