CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Shale
Alan Smithee
Impact
Forgiveness Man
DarkOblivion
9 posters

Global Warming.

DarkOblivion
    DarkOblivion
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 4

Global Warming. Empty Global Warming.

Post by DarkOblivion Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:04 am

Well, what are your views on it?
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Global Warming. Empty Re: Global Warming.

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:27 am

If you believe in it, change your life to stop it. Don't try to force people to go along with it though.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:17 pm

I think it's a myth. The story has changed too many times over the years, with the solution always being an increase in energy prices.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:39 pm

Is there really a debate on the issue that global tempretures are rising? I think science has proven that it isn't open to question. The argument is if human behavior is the cause.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:51 pm

alan smithee wrote:Is there really a debate on the issue that global tempretures are rising? I think science has proven that it isn't open to question. The argument is if human behavior is the cause.
    Yes, the process is taking place. I think we have exacerbated a possibly natural cycle by digging up all that carbon material that took millions of years to accummulate and releasing it into the atmosphere in just one century.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jan 25, 2011 10:36 pm

Yes, it's definitely real and humans need to curb their habits and attitudes about it. Ya know, I can't stand hearing about all this doubt about whether or not it doesn't exist. And I don't like the placid attitudes concerning it either. You have to live on this damn planet. Fuck else you gonna go? I hate to say it, but unless the mindset changes, Earth is prob. better off without humans.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:31 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:Yes, it's definitely real and humans need to curb their habits and attitudes about it. Ya know, I can't stand hearing about all this doubt about whether or not it doesn't exist. And I don't like the placid attitudes concerning it either. You have to live on this damn planet. Fuck else you gonna go? I hate to say it, but unless the mindset changes, Earth is prob. better off without humans.

co-signs I think the mindset is to just dismiss it as a "librul" fantasy or think "So what if the polar ice caps melt? What does that have to do with us?" Well, there's this.

BRIGHT WHITE REFLECTS LIGHT-
    THE GLOBAL ROLE OF THE POLAR CAPS

The polar caps not only hold much of the planet's total fresh water, but also play an important role in regulating the Earth's temperature. The relevant characteristic is called albedo. It's a measure of how much radiation, or light, is reflected from a body. Similar to how a white shirt helps keep a person cooler in the summer than a black shirt, the vast stretches of polar ice covering much of the planet's top and bottom reflect large amounts of solar radiation falling on the planet's surface. Were the ice caps to appreciably recede, sunlight that otherwise would have been reflected back into space would get absorbed by the darker, denser mass of ocean and land beneath. As light is absorbed, the environment is heated, thus intensifying a feedback loop: a warmer planet yields more ice melting thus an even warmer planet.

http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/news/topstory/2003/1023esuice.html
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:11 am

I have a subscription to Discover magazine and according to them, there's debate about it even in the scientific community. Not whether it's happening but whether we are making it worse...

I have no idea what to believe about it, but doing whatever you can to treat the earth better CAN'T hurt, so I do my best.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:52 am

I think we're contributing, but how much is hard to know.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:28 pm

What are those who do believe we're causing it doing to stop it aside from tell everybody else to change their lives?
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:59 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:What are those who do believe we're causing it doing to stop it aside from tell everybody else to change their lives?

I personally don't go around saying anything about it to anyone...I have five kids so I have no room to preach about the environment.

What I do is whatever I can...I cloth diaper, I breastfeed, I don't buy paper towels, I only use natural cleaning products, I buy organic when I can, I bought the most fuel efficient vehicle to transport my family that I could afford, I keep the thermostat low and have everyone wear layers, I only heat the room we're in, I plan my driving so that I take the shortest path to all the things I need to do, I drink tap water...

I think that these are all smart things to do that save money anyway, so they are not any great sacrifice.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:07 pm

^^^^And that's fine for you, but expecting others to be subject to all of those is a bit absurd. And many people do.

And I also try to live simply too. But gosh, I don't want people living in mansions telling me I gotta do more.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 8:26 am