CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Camera's in the Courtroom.

Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Camera's in the Courtroom. Empty Camera's in the Courtroom.

Post by Impact Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:23 am

What's your take on cameras being placed in courtrooms so that criminal trials can be televised (think of how it contributed to the zoo that was the OJ trial), are you for or against this?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Camera's in the Courtroom. Empty Re: Camera's in the Courtroom.

Post by RedBedroom Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:55 am

Last night, my guy turned something on either ABC or CBS. It was a newstalk type show. It was about a mom who was accused of killing her daughter and the part of the story I saw was the part about her son, then seven, testifying in the case. It turned out, he broke down. That poor little sweetie was crying and so upset, for all to see on television. It was all televised, his face not blurred. That pissed me off to no end. Why should that footage of that minor boy be public? It should not at all.

I don't think any of it should be broadcast. Not even testimony of an adult defendant.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:03 am

I'm for it. You see these shows like Snapped, and it has footage from the murder trials and you see these women who killed their husband or their boyfriend on the stand testifying and you are seeing what basically the jury saw when they set eyes upon these people. It gives you kind of an idea what you would be dealing with, if they're emotional, if they're outraged at the crimes they're accused of, if they have no reaction at all, it gives you a better idea of it than just to hear a juror say 'they were so and so'.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 8:08 pm