CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
RedBedroom
Marc™
6 posters

The Judy Blume/TALES OF A FOURTH GRADE NOTHING series

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

The Judy Blume/TALES OF A FOURTH GRADE NOTHING series Empty The Judy Blume/TALES OF A FOURTH GRADE NOTHING series

Post by Marc™ Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:57 pm

I used to love those books as a kids. Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Superfudge, Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great.

Even though they were childrens books, the writing has enough cynicism and snark to make them not completely corny.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

The Judy Blume/TALES OF A FOURTH GRADE NOTHING series Empty Re: The Judy Blume/TALES OF A FOURTH GRADE NOTHING series

Post by RedBedroom Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:49 am

Used to LOVE Blume books back in the day.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

The Judy Blume/TALES OF A FOURTH GRADE NOTHING series Empty Re: The Judy Blume/TALES OF A FOURTH GRADE NOTHING series

Post by Supernova Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:54 am

Oddly enough I don't think I ever heard of that series. What's it about?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:30 am

My 4th grade teacher used to read these books to the class. The first one was about this boy named Peter who was in the 4th grade. He was sort of cynical and wise beyond his years and thought no one....his parents, especially....appreciated him (hence his referring to himself as a "nothing" in the title.) He had a rambunctious and narcissistic little brother who they called "Fudge" (I think he was portrayed as a terrible 2's toddler in the first book) and annoyed Peter to death...mainly because he perceived his parents giving Fudge preferential treatment, in reality if they gave him extra attention it was because he was a toddler and had to be attended to more.

In the second book, Super Fudge, the kids are a little bit older. Peter's now in middle school and Fudge...still a handful...is in early elementary. In the meantime their parents have another baby to Peter's chagrin.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:13 pm

Marc™ wrote:I used to love those books as a kids. Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing, Superfudge, Otherwise Known as Sheila the Great.

Even though they were childrens books, the writing has enough cynicism and snark to make them not completely corny.
    Same here. Her, Beverly Cleary, Shell Silverstein, Ann Martin, Edward Stratemeyer, Stephen King and R.L. Stine defined my childhood reading.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Dec 08, 2010 8:14 pm

Supernova wrote:Oddly enough I don't think I ever heard of that series. What's it about?
    Woooow.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:25 am

I loved Judy Blume!!! I read almost all of her books. Loved the "Tales of a Fourth Grade Nothing" series. I always wondered how Fudge managed to eat that turtle without choking, though - lol! They're small, but not that small.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:41 am

I remember the Cat Ate My Gym Shorts too... dont ask me what it was about, but i read it way way way back in the day

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 1:19 am