CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+8
Tony Marino
Alan Smithee
Suzi
Bluesmama
Supernova
Cheaps
RedBedroom
Nhaiyel
12 posters

Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.

Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. Empty Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.

Post by Nhaiyel Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:29 am

What do you think of pre-HS graduation ceremonies (kindergarten, 5th & 8th grade, etc.) When you were in school, did your class have these kinds of graduation ceremonies? I recall my 5th grade graduation and how the principal got up and said that, while it's a moment to be proud of, to not look at it as being on par with a high school graduation. Afterwards, I remember my mom saying she thought that was a petty thing for her to say.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. Empty Re: Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.

Post by RedBedroom Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:31 am

We had kinder grad, and my son did too.

But they don't have 8th grade grad, but we did. It was huge. I hated it. I hated every ceremony like that because I had to worry about Mom passing out in the heat.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. Empty Re: Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc.

Post by Cheaps Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:38 am

I don't recall having a Kindergarten graduation.

I didn't have a 5th grade one either.

Our class was supposed to have an 8th graduation, but the school board decided against having a graduation ceremony that year. It was a pretty big deal, students protested and "threatened" to walk out on finals. I don't remember how it all ended but we ended up getting a "certificate" for our completion, instead of the diploma. The next year they decided to bring back the ceremony. Sucks out of all my friends and family, older/younger, they all have diplomas for their 8th grade graduation, I don't.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:20 am

We did the kindergarten graduation and then the high school graduation and that was it.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:20 am

No 5th grade grad ceremony for our school. 8th, yes, and it was okay. I remember all of us being jazzed at phasing into high school next (junior high were my worst years all-around).
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:22 am

Bluesmama wrote:No 5th grade grad ceremony for our school. 8th, yes, and it was okay. I remember all of us being jazzed at phasing into high school next (junior high were my worst years all-around).

I remember my brother telling me that 6th and 8th grades would be the worst, and 6th definitely was but I don't recall 8th being particularly terrible.
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:40 am

We only had 8th grade and high school graduations.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:01 am

Suzi wrote:We only had 8th grade and high school graduations.
    co-signs
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:39 am

I only had 8th grade and High School graduations. I think its pretty silly myself having 5th grade or 6th grade and kindegarten graduations. In my family when a kid graduates no matter what the grade they have to celebrate renting a hall, catering etc., you would think the kid was getting married!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:35 pm

I didn't have a 5th grade one, but I did have kindegarten and 8th grade. I don't see a problem with them at all.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:11 am

I had a K and fifth grade graduation, but not one for the eight grade. For eighth grade, we had an honors night, which was kind of treated like a graduation ceremony, but technically wasn't. My daughter had kindergarten and fifth grade graduations as well, but didn't for eighth grade.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:17 am

Apparently we had some kind of 6th Grade graduation party. Just found this foto and that must have been what it was about.
    Kindergarten, 5th grade, 8th grade graduations, etc., etc. 1956_d10

The next year we went to Junior High. I don't recall any graduation from there, tho I have a program with GNG (go ninth graders) so it must have been celebrated.

BTW, I'm the kid with no jacket and the kid goofing around next to me was my best bud Leonard, whom I was allowed to call 'Monkey.'
    Suzi
    Suzi
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 85

Post by Suzi Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:55 am

8th grade graduation was because we were no longer in grade school or Jr High. High school was next.The only thing I remember is the song we sang Land Of Hope And Glory, and a gawdawful picture of me in a perfectly horrid dress and my hair still in pin curls taken before grad. At least it wasn't the Wiffenpoof song like my cousin had to sing.
    Minerva
    Minerva
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 18

Post by Minerva Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:59 pm

I don't remember if I had a kindergarten graduation. I don't think so. I did have 8th grade and high school graduations. I loved the 8th grade grad because it was a precursor to the big step of going to high school. It was a very lovely ceremony too. Better than my high school or college graduation.

We had an 8th grade teacher who really know how to do it right.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:02 pm