CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

The Oscars

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

The Oscars Empty The Oscars

Post by Tony Marino Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:04 pm

A bit more entertaining then usual but for the most part boring. When they did the In Memory of the actors that have passed away segment with James Taylor singing, did they snub Farah Fawcett? I don't remember seeing her picture. Cograts to Bigelow, The Hurt Locker is one good flick.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

The Oscars Empty Re: The Oscars

Post by Tony Marino Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:26 pm

I found out from a friend that watched the Oscars they did indeed snub Farrah Fawcett and Bea Arthur as well!
    SecHandNews
    SecHandNews
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by SecHandNews Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:02 pm

That confused me. Why were Farrah and Bea snubbed, while Michael Jackson still somehow managed to make it in? None were box office draws, but all had theatrical films under their belt.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:55 am

SecHandNews wrote:That confused me. Why were Farrah and Bea snubbed, while Michael Jackson still somehow managed to make it in? None were box office draws, but all had theatrical films under their belt.

I heard they had a quota of 30 to put up in the clips. If thats the case then why didn't they leave out some of those writers or producers we never heard of. Farrah Fawcett and Bea Arthur were literally legends in their time of fame. I am pissed!
    UMo
    UMo
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by UMo Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:42 am

I agree that they should have trimmed some of the featured writers, producers and directors. They had no business leaving Bea and Farrah out. I suspect that it was an old fashioned example of Hollywood having a penchant for snubbing the "TV actor."
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:11 pm

UnMutedOne wrote:I agree that they should have trimmed some of the featured writers, producers and directors. They had no business leaving Bea and Farrah out. I suspect that it was an old fashioned example of Hollywood having a penchant for snubbing the "TV actor."

Farrah was in a couple of movies, even though they were not the best but she was nominated ( I don't know if she won) for an Emmy for "The Burning Bed"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:29 pm