CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
MandyPerfumeGirl
Nhaiyel
Shale
femme fatale
Chris
Tony Marino
Marc™
11 posters

Sleeping to Escape

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Sleeping to Escape Empty Sleeping to Escape

Post by Marc™ Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:27 am

This has been a HORRIBLE week for me personally. I was lucky enough to have Friday and Saturday (today) off. All day yesterday I slept. Didn't leave my bedroom at all except to do basic shit (bathe....eat....etc.) I slept all day long. Waking up every few hours, looking at the clock being slightly taken back by how late it was....then going back to sleep. Didn't wake up until around 4am this morning. This week has just been a taxingly shitty one for Marc. Because I only been up a few hrs, I probably won't go back to sleep for a while....but I'll probably be ready to pass out later on this morning. Enough about me though, have you ever been in such a dreary mood that you wound up sleeping all day to escape it....or because it just tired you out so much that you didn't have the energy to get up?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Sleeping to Escape Empty Re: Sleeping to Escape

Post by Tony Marino Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:35 am

When I am feeling like that I can't sleep at all, I have never slept a day away in my life so I don't know what its like. Today is a new day you should get up, get refreshed and go out and enjoy the holiday hustle and bustle, that is what I am going to do, staying in the house is only going to add to your gloomy mood. Sleeping to Escape 56354
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:40 am

What you just described isn't healthy. No matter how low you're feeling, you should make it a point to not let today be the second day in a row you do that.
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:57 am

One time I did that after a bad breakup. It was easier to sleep to get away from the upset than it was to stay up and deal with it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:04 am

Sure its easier to sleep the day away but then when you wake up, the problem is still there and it is probably worse.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:03 pm

You've described a classic symptom of depression. Also, you could have been just tired both physically and mentally.

I assume you are young - depending on age your biorhythm could require more sleep time - and deny that you may have to catch up.

I have had days when I stayed in bed for some time after waking. But, knowing it was depression behavior I got out of bed and started moving. It does get worse after realizing that you wasted a day. That in itself is depressing.

So, you doing OK today?
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:21 pm

Shale is absolutely right, Marc. What you described is a telltale sign of depression. Like Femme Fatale said, I too went did the same thing after an emotional breakup. For close to a week I didn't really leave my bedroom, didn't lift my shades, didn't want to see anyone, or talk on the phone (except to him.) I just preferred to lay in darkness and sleep. At some point though I had to defy my sluggish mood and do something. I hope today goes better for you. big hugz
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:07 pm

I've had times like that Marc. Very rarely, but once in a while they come up. I hope you're feeling better by now big hugz In September I started my current job and it was such a horrible first week that I got home in the evening, napped for several hours, ate, then went back to bed for the night.

Marc, don't pay any attention to some of these posters who are trying to tell you how to live your life and nag at you - you do what you want to do. Sometimes a person just doesn't have the energy to go out into the "hustle and bustle".
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:31 pm

This happened to me years ago with the loss of a child. Seriously do NOT let this habit begin. I'll tell you from experience, it doesn't lead anywhere good. I thought I could escape by sleeping because I didn't have to feel anything if I just slept it all away. But it just doesn't work like that. Like Tony said the problem is not only still there, it's worse.

But maybe you were just tired. Maybe you just needed a day to shut out the world. If that's all it is I don't see a big issue. But if it is something deeper it needs to be confronted & dealt with. Like others have said it can be a symptom of depression. Hope you are feeling better today.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:51 am

I've never escaped by sleeping but the last few months, I've let myself follow an unhealthier lifestyle than I usually do - let work invade too much and that lead to me eating too much junk food and not exercising at all but I've put a stop to that and am now focused on loosing the 4 or so pounds I gained.

There are times when I haven't felt like doing much, but during those times, I try and get out and find something I enjoy - going to Starbucks, taking a walk along he water, calling a friend. ITA about what others have said - if you can find a way to go out tomorrow, try and do it. Go the the mall, grab a coffee or special beverage and find a bench near the Santa display. Let little kids seeing Santa lift your mood or see if you can find a friend to go for a walk with or grab a coffee with. The more you stay at home, the more you'll stay depressed.

I hope things get better for you.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:04 am

MandyPerfumeGirl wrote:I've had times like that Marc. Very rarely, but once in a while they come up. I hope you're feeling better by now Sleeping to Escape 56354 In September I started my current job and it was such a horrible first week that I got home in the evening, napped for several hours, ate, then went back to bed for the night.

Marc, don't pay any attention to some of these posters who are trying to tell you how to live your life and nag at you - you do what you want to do. Sometimes a person just doesn't have the energy to go out into the "hustle and bustle".

eye roll. You are a fucking trip. A silly one at that too. Tony is only trying to HELP him by suggesting something he should do to combat his feeling of depression. And it DOES help your mood to be out and about and not be confined in one space. At least try to be. Nobody is nagging at him. We're all concerned and it was just a suggestion.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:21 am

Marc™ wrote:This has been a HORRIBLE week for me personally. I was lucky enough to have Friday and Saturday (today) off. All day yesterday I slept. Didn't leave my bedroom at all except to do basic shit (bathe....eat....etc.) I slept all day long. Waking up every few hours, looking at the clock being slightly taken back by how late it was....then going back to sleep. Didn't wake up until around 4am this morning. This week has just been a taxingly shitty one for Marc. Because I only been up a few hrs, I probably won't go back to sleep for a while....but I'll probably be ready to pass out later on this morning. Enough about me though, have you ever been in such a dreary mood that you wound up sleeping all day to escape it....or because it just tired you out so much that you didn't have the energy to get up?
    Yup. But usually it's because I'm just bored. It's a feeling that should pass, if it doesn't....you know you got bigger issues. How are you doing now?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Mon Dec 20, 2010 1:49 am

I hope things are looking up for you. I have had days like that and it usually has consisted of napping on the couch while watching movies. You always seem like a very up beat type person, so I suspect you just needed a mental health day to rest up and refresh to deal with what is on your mind. Hugs to you, hon!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:52 am