CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
TPP
CatEyes10736
Shale
Supernova
Tony Marino
CeCe
Marc™
11 posters

Worst Xmas Present You Ever Got

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Worst Xmas Present You Ever Got Empty Worst Xmas Present You Ever Got

Post by Marc™ Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:50 am

This one year I got a pair of vomit colored green jeans from my aunt. Man I could barely fake a thank you.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Worst Xmas Present You Ever Got Empty Re: Worst Xmas Present You Ever Got

Post by CeCe Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:57 am

My mother in law HATED me. One year she gave me this hideous jewelry box that looked like it came out of somebody's trash can...and wouldn't be surprised if it did. It was a heart shaped felt lined box with seashells glued to it. There was even a pair of fake pearl ball earrings that had rusted posts. Don't know if they came out of a trashcan but they damn sure went in one.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:13 pm

My sister in law gave me a shirt of hideous color that fell apart after the first wash!
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:22 pm

That's hard to say. I recall liking most of the things I got though there have been a few stinkers over the years, but the intentions were good...worst one I guess would be last year, or maybe it was the year before, my mom got me the Encylopedia of DC Comics, thinking it had the Golden Age Batman and stuff in it, no, it's all the newer stuff where everything's darker and I have no interest for.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:39 pm

Tony Marino wrote:My sister in law gave me a shirt of hideous color that fell apart after the first wash!

On the bright side you had a perfect excuse to not have to wear it. big grin
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:06 pm

One year this person who does not know me gave me an Old Spice set. Some here may have already seen that I abhor artificial fragrances - they irritate my nose and throat. Guess that will have to be the worse.

I have never been into the gift exchange tradition and hopefully no one will give me anything.

Already two of my coworkers gave me chocolate. I cannot resist chocolate and try to dissuade them. One told me not to do like last year and share with all the coworkers - but the reason I do that is to get rid of it so I can't eat it. Would you give a bottle of booze to a known alcoholic? That is the evil of giving me chocolate - it shoots my low fat healthy diet to hell.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:05 pm

Last year my mom's friend gave me this pair of green & white striped socks that looked like something one of the munchkins in the Wizard of Oz would have worn. Thank God she wasn't around so I didn't have to lie and pretend that I liked them. Totally hideous.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:28 pm

I'm not sure what the worst gift I've ever gotten was, but two stick out in my mind...The first was when I was 14 and I REALLY wanted a guitar, there was a box under the tree that looked like it could be one so I had my heart set on it...But when I opened it up, it was a cd stand. That was more a case of my mismanaged expectations than a bad gift.

The second was a bottle of Kahlua(sp?) when I was 18 from my uncle. Having very limited experience with alcohol I took it home to my apartment and drank a mug full of it. WOW it was nasty and strong...But again, it wasn't the gift but my own stupidity and inexperience that made it memorable.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:30 pm

CeCe wrote:My mother in law HATED me. One year she gave me this hideous jewelry box that looked like it came out of somebody's trash can...and wouldn't be surprised if it did. It was a heart shaped felt lined box with seashells glued to it. There was even a pair of fake pearl ball earrings that had rusted posts. Don't know if they came out of a trashcan but they damn sure went in one.

My MIL gives me weird stuff like that all the time. She's always giving me soaps and lotions from the dollar store too...I don't think I've ever used ANYTHING that she's given me, aside from the Costco membership she gives us every year Smile
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:45 pm

A three pack pair of underwear than my aunt got for me when I was about 7 and I know that she only picked it up at the last minute. It's like I was only an afterthought and she just got something cheap and quick.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:48 pm

Five years ago my father gonna give me some adult sized foot pajamas, good Lord in heaven.

But I do sometimes wear them.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:50 pm

Last year my parents got an inactivated gift card, does that count? FORGIVENESS MAN

IDK what the worst I've ever got was...
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:29 pm

Years ago, when I was in school, my dad (who has a little job in his retirement in his town's recycling center), used to give me VCR's and old small TV's that he got so that I could sell them to a repair shop in my city.

Well, this one lady that was friends to my parents gave me two broken VCR's for Christmas and acted like it was a big deal.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:10 am

Oh! I know. I must've repressed this memory...I don't know how old I was but one year for Christmas I got this big scary looking fat doll with curly brown hair in a red and white plaid dress and it was just weird looking, and it was made of a very hard material, and I kept it for a couple years but I just HATED that thing.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:21 am

thepossiblepolice wrote:
    My MIL gives me weird stuff like that all the time. She's always giving me soaps and lotions from the dollar store too...I don't think I've ever used ANYTHING that she's given me, aside from the Costco membership she gives us every year Smile

Oh I hate that stuff. It always smells like an old lady's flower garden. Costco is not too bad though if you like to buy in bulk.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:23 pm

Nhaiyel wrote:Five years ago my father gonna give me some adult sized foot pajamas, good Lord in heaven.

But I do sometimes wear them.

We just had "Christmas" with my parents on Monday, and that's one of the things they gave me...I'm just going to give them to a girl whose Birthday is this weekend, they are size 14 in kids and I think they will fit, and there is NO way that I could ever sleep in them...I can't even sleep in socks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 7:45 pm