CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+2
NIKOL99
Tony Marino
6 posters

Anyone See Hurt Locker Yet?

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Anyone See Hurt Locker Yet? Empty Anyone See Hurt Locker Yet?

Post by Tony Marino Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:38 pm

I have it but have been avoiding watching it for some reason.
    NIKOL99
    NIKOL99
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Anyone See Hurt Locker Yet? Empty Re: Anyone See Hurt Locker Yet?

Post by NIKOL99 Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:05 am

Don't bother. It's a hugely disjointed, unbelievable, and sometimes manipulative movie and is one of the biggest disappointments of the year. There are so many plot points that don't really portray the consistent character or relational dynamics that are likely to be found in the circumstances this movie presents - the movie comes across more like a script writer's fantasy than an authentic, compelling, and engaging movie. There are so many predictable, stereotypical subplots as well as loosely thought out script points that the movie betrays a sense of incredibility. The obvious emotive plot points designed to illicit audience sympathy only served to distance not involve the audience. An over-rated movie that uses various plot devices to project a political correct movie in the guise of being anti-establishment
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:01 pm

Hurt Locker was a movie without any story, just a compilation of scenes with the same characters. A lot of it doesn't make much realistic sense. There is no plot, no objective, and very little character development. While each individual scene is kind of stressful there is nothing that ties any of it together (except perhaps the same characters, who are not very interesting) Although there seems to be some knowledge of the aspects of war, the script is immature, unable to produce any compelling drama. If you watch the first ten minutes then you've seen the whole movie. At some points it seems like it comes close to developing a plot but nothing materializes and we are back at square one. There was some good camera work at times and some good direction, highlighting the silences in a hypnotic way. Overall this is a pass.
    JWF
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 4

Post by JWF Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:38 pm

[b]IMO, this is the best film of 2009

An extremely moving film of a bomb squad unit during 2004 in Iraq, who's job is to defuse bombs and save lives. A tense and very realistic account of 3 soldiers. Solid action, with a film good enough to receive 9 Oscar nominations. It's much more than a war film. It digs deep into the psychological aspect of the men, without making a political statement.

This is one of those rare films where a hand held camera works.

Remarkable accomplishment. A must see film, not only because the first woman won best Director

Jack
    JADACITY
    JADACITY
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by JADACITY Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:30 am

I very much enjoyed this movie. What made this movie so wonderful was how well it depicted the feelings and emotions of soldiers in those life or death situations. It was very powerful for me.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:06 pm

Wow mixed emotions here. I appreciate all the comments and will decide whether to watch it or not.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:18 pm

I haven't seen it yet either. I think it's winning best picture is making for some convoluted reviews, as most best picture wins wind up getting a spite reactions from people who like to go against the grain. It looks compelling enough, but I will wait for it to come on cable.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:05 pm