CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
RedBedroom
Nhaiyel
Supernova
Chris
10 posters

Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault? Empty Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault?

Post by Chris Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:08 am

Do you think men and women have evolved, socially, enough to be able to share resting/changing quarters without it being an issue? If locker rooms and public restrooms were integrated, do you think it would inspire rape and/or sexual assault?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault? Empty Re: Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault?

Post by Supernova Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:48 am

There are a lot of people who think it would make it all the more easier for women to be attacked, and maybe it would, I don't know, what I do know is as we stand, unless the men's room is out of order, you better have a damn good excuse being in the ladies room. And you know what, we have to use the same bathrooms at home, when I'm out in a public place and use the restroom, I for one am glad if there's going to be anybody else in there, my only company is going to be other women.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault? Empty Re: Would integrated locker/restrooms cause rape and assault?

Post by Nhaiyel Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:50 am

Unisex in changing and restrooms becomes a problem when you factor in the kids. At the very least it will inspire peeping toms.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:51 am

Nhaiyel wrote:Unisex in changing and restrooms becomes a problem when you factor in the kids. At the very least it will inspire peeping toms.

Indeeeed, and it's not really like kids are all that safe in bathrooms solely for their own kind, a few years back there was a story about a 6 year old boy being kidnapped from a movie theater restroom, and the only thing that stopped the guy from getting away was the kid screaming 'this is not my dad'.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:13 pm

I, too, think that there would be more peeping toms if more public rest rooms and locker rooms were shared.

It would be ridiculous for locker rooms to ever be shared. It goes without saying that minor locker rooms at schools shouldn't be co-ed. And as far as adults, the only locker rooms we have are where we pay money such as gyms, where privacy from the opposite should be expected and at jobs, where the same should be expected.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:39 pm

No and maybe. I wouldn't go that far about it inspiring more sexualt assaults, but it still isn't a good idea. I see no reason to change it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:41 pm

Chris wrote:Do you think men and women have evolved, socially, enough to be able to share resting/changing quarters without it being an issue? No If locker rooms and public restrooms were integrated, do you think it would inspire rape and/or sexual assault? It could. it's easier to detect a (male) pervert now when you know he doesn't belong in the women's room.

I think we should leave well enough alone.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:09 pm

alan smithee wrote:
    Chris wrote:Do you think men and women have evolved, socially, enough to be able to share resting/changing quarters without it being an issue? No If locker rooms and public restrooms were integrated, do you think it would inspire rape and/or sexual assault? It could. it's easier to detect a (male) pervert now when you know he doesn't belong in the women's room.

I think we should leave well enough alone.

Yeah this is the way I lean too. I've used unisex restrooms before & there's never been an issue. But I gotta say even though I've never used a men's restroom, I do know there are things that go on in a women's room no man wants to see. Hell I don't want to see. So..yeah...
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:08 am

I think for the sake of comfort and modesty they should stay separated.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:49 pm

Nah people don't know how to act. If restrooms and changing rooms were shared by men and women, there would always be some kind of chaos, commotion and fight about wandering eyes, untoward comments and gestures and personal space.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Sat Apr 09, 2011 6:21 pm

I agree, leave it alone!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:11 pm