CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+14
Nystyle709
Cheaps
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
RedBedroom
GrayWolf
TSJFan4Ever
Chris
TPP
Alan Smithee
Supernova
Marc™
Forgiveness Man
CeCe
kinetic
18 posters

Ever been banned from a site?

kinetic
    kinetic
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 19

Ever been banned from a site? Empty Ever been banned from a site?

Post by kinetic Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:00 am

A few weeks ago I was sort of banned from IMDB (my complete posting history was removed and I had to reauthenticate my account with a different credit card before I could get back on the boards) because I got into an argument with somebody a while ago who remained bitter long after it was over and kept sending erroneous reports to the automated admin. My posts kept on being deleted by the admin. and I didn't figure out in time that the last.fm. link in my siggy technically violated their "NO SPAM" rule. This gave the sore loser ammunition to keep on reporting my posts over and over.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Ever been banned from a site? Empty Re: Ever been banned from a site?

Post by CeCe Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:25 am

That's a ridiculous reason to be banned.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:38 am

FORGIVENESS MAN I've been banned from some sites here and there. I've gotten canned from SOC a few times. Of course, in each case, the rules were selectively applied.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:28 am

Back in my pre-hippie/pre-love days, I used to get knocked off AOL from time to time....then would have to call AOL up and get lectured to about the infraction by the service rep before they lifted the ban (and when that didn't work had to start a new account with a different credit card)....because in the music message boards I was usually too eager to tell people exactly what I thought of them for saying whatever it was they said that annoyed me. As I recall it was usually a Brandy, Mariah, Dru Hill or Ginuwine fan that pushed me to the point of having to defy my normally lovable nature....
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:12 pm

kinetic wrote:A few weeks ago I was sort of banned from IMDB (my complete posting history was removed and I had to reauthenticate my account with a different credit card before I could get back on the boards) because I got into an argument with somebody a while ago who remained bitter long after it was over and kept sending erroneous reports to the automated admin. My posts kept on being deleted by the admin. and I didn't figure out in time that the last.fm. link in my siggy technically violated their "NO SPAM" rule. This gave the sore loser ammunition to keep on reporting my posts over and over.

I haven't had my account canceled but I know what that's like, some idiot reports you over any little thing, or even over nothing at all...meanwhile you try and report somebody who posts something geuinely disturbing and it stays up. What the hell is wrong with the admins?

And to answer, not a site exactly but I was once kicked out of a chatroom and banned from it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:19 pm

kinetic wrote:A few weeks ago I was sort of banned from IMDB (my complete posting history was removed and I had to reauthenticate my account with a different credit card before I could get back on the boards) because I got into an argument with somebody a while ago who remained bitter long after it was over and kept sending erroneous reports to the automated admin. My posts kept on being deleted by the admin. and I didn't figure out in time that the last.fm. link in my siggy technically violated their "NO SPAM" rule. This gave the sore loser ammunition to keep on reporting my posts over and over.

WAS THAT YOU!!!

LOL, kidding. Now that you mention it though, I'm (just a little) surprised that I wasn't banned from IMDb either. Sometimes it's just too hard for me to suffer fools gladly and I began to be a royal pain in the ass to one of them. Even after he put me on his ignore list. I'm such a bastard.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:53 pm

I've never been banned from anywhere.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:23 pm

Marc™ wrote:Back in my pre-hippie/pre-love days, I used to get knocked off AOL from time to time....then would have to call AOL up and get lectured to about the infraction by the service rep before they lifted the ban (and when that didn't work had to start a new account with a different credit card)....because in the music message boards I was usually too eager to tell people exactly what I thought of them for saying whatever it was they said that annoyed me. As I recall it was usually a Brandy, Mariah, Dru Hill or Ginuwine fan that pushed me to the point of having to defy my normally lovable nature....

The good ol' days of Artists That Should Stop. lol
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:00 pm

Soap Opera Central banned me a number of years ago because the biased ABC mods couldn't handled that I didn't worship murdering mobsters who were nothing but arrogant pricks. Despite the disclaimer saying you will get warnings and infractions before being banned and that banning is a last resort, they banned me without warning for two days for using a term that had sexual connotations. I had to look it up online to find out what it actually meant, as it wasn't at term I was familiar with but it was a common nickname for this one couple. They looked for any excuse to ban those who didn't agree with them and nothing has changed on that board except maybe the mods getting even more rabid and biased.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Thu Jan 06, 2011 12:26 am

I was banned once from a message board before for having a signature that was too big. The mods PM'd me about it but I didn't log on for weeks so I didn't get their notice right away. When I finally did try and log in, I was banned for it. On the ban notice they left me an email address to get my account reinstated, but I didn't even bother with it. They lost a member for being uptight sticklers. Oh well.

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:58 pm

No, I have never. I had a "stern" warning one time on a site that was small and I got into a war of words, so-to-speak with a woman who was a real idiot, and the one mod liked her, so I was warned.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:01 am

Yup, from a Bjoerk forum.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:09 am

no ive never been banned from anywhere, i only belong to 3 forums, janet xone since 2006, and ive only joined this one and another just months ago
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:29 am

Nah. I wish a motherfucka would ban me.......
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:07 am

Nystyle709 wrote:Nah. I wish a motherfucka would ban me.......

laughing
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:39 am

You had to give them a credit card?! Was this IMDb Pro? 'Cause if not...

I haven't been banned from a site. Yet. I was invited here by Chris from IMDb and although I don't believe I've done anything to get banned from there (or any other site), if he'd seen my exchange with this smarmy punk on one board he might not have made the invitation, LOL. I'm usually pretty tolerant of people's opinions, especially about something as subjective as movies and TV but this one asshole really pushed my buttons. He tried to tell me in a very condescending way that I was wrong about a period of pop culture that I lived through because of what he learned about in college. Worse then that, he was trying to tell me I was wrong about something that I didn’t even say. Guess he caught me on a bad day. Let’s just say that if you poke the grouchy old bear, you shouldn’t be surprised if he rips your arm off and beats you over the head with it.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:08 am

cheaps wrote:no ive never been banned from anywhere, i only belong to 3 forums, janet xone since 2006, and ive only joined this one and another just months ago

I dunno how I haven't been banned from Janet Xone.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:37 am

Yes. I belonged to a forum once where I generally disliked the whole mood of it: the moderation, the members and the overall 'attitude.' Someone else was having the same problem, so one day they created a thread saying that they were leaving. Every one of their reasons why made sense, and I posted a response saying that I agreed with them and that I doubt I was going to bother with the board too much longer either. Maybe a week or two past without me logging in. When I finally attempted to, I got a notice saying that I was a banned member. I pulled up that thread, and both the other person and I had 'banned' under our names. The moderation/administration there was very vindictive.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female

Post by Cheaps Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:32 am

Rockbird wrote:
    cheaps wrote:no ive never been banned from anywhere, i only belong to 3 forums, janet xone since 2006, and ive only joined this one and another just months ago

I dunno how I haven't been banned from Janet Xone.

i would think it would take alot to get banned from there, i dunno, but u dont seem to get out of line, or go too far.. i dunno tho i dont post as much there
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:44 pm

I'm in the camp that thinks Janet lip-syncs, so I'm not really popular. Notorious yes, but not popular. :X
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:02 pm

No I have never been banned from a board yet.
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:05 pm

This is really childish, it happened a few years ago. An etiquette site, of all things. But we discussed lots of things.

This girl said she was using our posts as research for her school project. The moderators got all bent out of shape and banned her in a hissy fit.

Then they found out this girl and I had traded IM's after her banning, so they banned me too. It was totally dumb, we weren't talking about anything of consequence.
    DanaShelbyChancey
    DanaShelbyChancey
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 10

Post by DanaShelbyChancey Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:10 pm

Oh yeah I remember another one. Once a member said she saw a movie and it was no good. Then another poster said, he was going to see it, but since she said it wasn't any good, he now wasn't going to see it.

I made a casual remark that why doesn't he see the movie and make up his own mind about it.

Oh the pain. Everybody just erupted. Who was I? The girl, then the guy got emotionally upset. The moderator said they didn't need troublemakers like me on their site.

head explodes
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:58 pm

Never been banned from any forum boards. I'm a good boy. big grin
    2xy
    2xy
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 22

Post by 2xy Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:02 pm

I got into a horrible fight with some people on a parenting board once, and since I was the "new kid" I probably would have been banned if I hadn't left voluntarily.

I get warned from time to time on another parenting board that has really strict posting rules. For example, if you discuss newborn circumcision, you cannot discuss the religious aspects of it...only the medical aspects. Sometimes people forget and cross the lines.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:17 am