CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Should Man With Low IQ Be Banned From Having Sex?

RiteDiva
    RiteDiva
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 8

Should Man With Low IQ Be Banned From Having Sex? Empty Should Man With Low IQ Be Banned From Having Sex?

Post by RiteDiva Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:36 pm

A British judge has banned a man with a low IQ from having sex on the grounds that he does not have the mental capacity to understand the health risks associated with his actions, the Telegraph reports.

High Court Justice Nicholas Mostyn said the 41-year-old man, known only as Alan, "believed that babies were delivered by a stork or found under a bush," and that "sex could give you spots or measles."

Alan had been in a sexual relationship with a man and told officials, "It would make me feel happy" for it to continue, according to the paper.

Mostyn ruled that with an IQ of 48 and a “moderate” learning disability, "Alan does not have the capacity to consent to and engage in sexual relations."

However, the judge added that Alan should be provided with sex education “in the hope that he thereby gains that capacity."

Alan was also accused of making lewd gestures at children, though no police action was taken. While we wouldn't want a man making obscene gestures at our child, it seems cruel to block Alan from having consensual sex with his lover and fulfilling his basic human desires.

As long as Alan can demonstrate that he knows where babies come from, that "no means no," that partners must be old enough to give consent and how to prevent STDs, we think he should be given the right to make love. Do you agree?

More:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-ord...
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Should Man With Low IQ Be Banned From Having Sex? Empty Re: Should Man With Low IQ Be Banned From Having Sex?

Post by TPP Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:32 pm

I do agree...
    Rule Breaker
    Rule Breaker
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Should Man With Low IQ Be Banned From Having Sex? Empty Re: Should Man With Low IQ Be Banned From Having Sex?

Post by Rule Breaker Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:56 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:I do agree...

Me too. Being that mentally impaired means you can't give informed consent to sex.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:36 pm

As long as Alan can demonstrate that he knows where babies come from, that "no means no," that partners must be old enough to give consent and how to prevent STDs, we think he should be given the right to make love. Do you agree?

That's tough. I think he should, but hopefully he has the absolute true understanding of all that.

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 6:39 pm