CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Chris
Nhaiyel
Jason B.
Nystyle709
Supernova
TPP
10 posters

have you ever lost weight?

TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

have you ever lost weight? Empty have you ever lost weight?

Post by TPP Thu Jan 13, 2011 3:20 pm

What did you do?

I'm really frustrated with the last 10-15 pounds of twin weight that I haven't lost yet and they are almost 2. If I weren't breastfeeding still I think I would have been desperate enough to try diet supplements, because it's just really hanging on this time.

I'm doing "The 30 Day Shred" workout plan but I'm only on day 3. My appetite is out of control though.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

have you ever lost weight? Empty Re: have you ever lost weight?

Post by Supernova Thu Jan 13, 2011 5:56 pm

Used to but it didn't matter because I've gained it all back and then some, plenty of then some. What I used to do when I WAS losing was my mother had gotten the Richard Simmons workout tapes and we did them every night, and at the end they had the members on there who had lost weight and they ranged from losing 10 pounds to 150 so obviously it works if you keep at it, however corny it may be.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:28 pm

Supernova wrote:Used to but it didn't matter because I've gained it all back and then some, plenty of then some. What I used to do when I WAS losing was my mother had gotten the Richard Simmons workout tapes and we did them every night, and at the end they had the members on there who had lost weight and they ranged from losing 10 pounds to 150 so obviously it works if you keep at it, however corny it may be.

Haha, I used to have the "Dance Your Pants Off" set with the food mover Smile
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:15 pm

Yup. If you don't plan on going hard when it comes to excersing, then your diet needs to be on point. I virtually cut out the sugar and the salt. NO fried foods. No battered foods. Plenty of veggies. Skinless meat. Walked everywhere. I lost 23 lbs in two months.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:51 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:Yup. If you don't plan on going hard when it comes to excersing, then your diet needs to be on point. I virtually cut out the sugar and the salt. NO fried foods. No battered foods. Plenty of veggies. Skinless meat. Walked everywhere. I lost 23 lbs in two months.

I know it's sugar for me...I totally crave sugar sad
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:52 pm

Working out 6 days a week, and only nothing but one meal a day (dinner), I once lost 20 lbs. in a month.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:04 pm

Jason B. wrote:Working out 6 days a week, and only nothing but one meal a day (dinner), I once lost 20 lbs. in a month.

OMG, I MAY be able to work out that much but there's no way I could only eat one meal a day!
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:47 am

Honestly, if I just eat a sensible size (one-helping) breakfast, lunch and/or dinner, then continue about my day, I'll lose two pounds a week. Don't even have to go workout or anything. It's only when I'm particularly inactive, sitting around the house, with food curing my boredom that I'll put on a few pounds. But really it's just a matter of activity, and not letting food fill the void for having nothing else better to do. That's the "secret" that so many sometimes deliberately overlook. If someone is active, then they can eat full plates of their favorite foods, lose weight and keep it off.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:49 am

Nhaiyel wrote:Honestly, if I just eat a sensible size (one-helping) breakfast, lunch and/or dinner, then continue about my day, I'll lose two pounds a week. Don't even have to go workout or anything. It's only when I'm particularly inactive, sitting around the house, with food curing my boredom that I'll put on a few pounds. But really it's just a matter of activity, and not letting food fill the void for having nothing else better to do. That's the "secret" that so many sometimes deliberately overlook. If someone is active, then they can eat full plates of their favorite foods, and lose weight (and keep it off.)

Wow! I can count every calorie AND workout and MAYBE lose a pound a week sad But I only weigh 123 pounds right now so to lose a pound a week I have to eat like 1200 calories which feels like nothing. I think you're so right about emotional eating and eating out of boredom though!
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:03 am

I think lunch is what sometimes screws me up, because across from my job there is an eatery plaza. Sometimes I go and pig out there, way too early in the day. I find when I cool it with lunch, I'll shed those three to five pounds I put on the week before.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:15 am

I lost 8 pounds two years ago but have since gained it back, as I stopped exercising and wasn't careful about my diet. I've lost 3 of the 5 pounds I gained in Nov/Dec, though, and have 22 more I'd like to loose. I'm watching what I eat and trying to exercise more. Also, try 4 or 5 smaller meals, rather than 3 larger ones, is possible.

Good luck with the weight loss, though I think you're doing great if you're only 125. that's my target weight.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:26 am

TSJFan4Ever wrote:I lost 8 pounds two years ago but have since gained it back, as I stopped exercising and wasn't careful about my diet. I've lost 3 of the 5 pounds I gained in Nov/Dec, though, and have 22 more I'd like to loose. I'm watching what I eat and trying to exercise more. Also, try 4 or 5 smaller meals, rather than 3 larger ones, is possible.

Good luck with the weight loss, though I think you're doing great if you're only 125. that's my target weight.

My goal is 110, because I'm only five feet tall.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:48 am

My mother is 4'11 and she rarely sees 100 pounds, and for her it's not a good thing, her problem is she can't put weight on and that's really bad when she gets sick because she takes off weight she can't afford to lose. That's one reason why I don't mind being heavier because when I get sick and I can't eat, it doesn't matter much. Last year we all had the swine flu and I was the second one to get it, and for about a week she was worried about me because I wouldn't eat breakfast, wouldn't eat lunch, just was not hungry, NOT like me at all, I'm always hungry, so when I'm not eating, they know something's wrong.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:27 pm

Supernova wrote:My mother is 4'11 and she rarely sees 100 pounds, and for her it's not a good thing, her problem is she can't put weight on and that's really bad when she gets sick because she takes off weight she can't afford to lose. That's one reason why I don't mind being heavier because when I get sick and I can't eat, it doesn't matter much. Last year we all had the swine flu and I was the second one to get it, and for about a week she was worried about me because I wouldn't eat breakfast, wouldn't eat lunch, just was not hungry, NOT like me at all, I'm always hungry, so when I'm not eating, they know something's wrong.

That's really thin. The least I've weighed as an adult was 106 and they wouldn't let me donate blood and my face looked pretty gaunt. Plus I was starving and working out a LOT. 110 though, I maintained for 3 years before I got pregnant with my 3rd...So I'm thinking that's more realistic for me, plus then I'll be able to give blood still.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:48 pm

Yeah I lost 60 lbs. in 2009.

Before (@ 202 lbs; October 2009):
    have you ever lost weight? Pictur10

After (@ 140 lbs; January 2010):
    have you ever lost weight? Phpk2t10

I've gained 20 lbs of it back....but hey, there's no shame in a grown man being 160 lbs.
    140 may have been a little too thin....
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:51 pm

Marc™ wrote:Yeah I lost 60 lbs. in 2009.

Before (@ 202 lbs; October 2009):

After (@ 140 lbs; January 2010):
    have you ever lost weight? Phpk2t10

I've gained 20 lbs of it back....but hey, there's no shame in a grown man being 160 lbs.
    140 may have been a little too thin....

Wow, great job!! What did you do?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:55 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:

Thanks. Cardio and more cardio. All I had to do was ease up on the food servings and then hit the gym bike (20 mins when I got there....30 minutes after I did about 90 mins of free weights....then another 20 mins before I left)....and the weight literally fell off. I was dropping 4-6 lbs. a week. I didn't "diet," not really. Just stopped overeating.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:04 pm

Marc™ wrote:
    thepossiblepolice wrote:

Thanks. Cardio and more cardio. All I had to do was ease up on the food servings and then hit the gym bike (20 mins when I got there....30 minutes after I did about 90 mins of free weights....then another 20 mins before I left)....and the weight literally fell off. I was dropping 4-6 lbs. a week. I didn't "diet," not really. Just stopped overeating.

hmm, well hopefully that will happen to me too!
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:06 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:
    Marc™ wrote:

...I didn't "diet," not really. Just stopped overeating.

hmm, well hopefully that will happen to me too!

Here, hava a plate of Brownieshave you ever lost weight? Brownies

I can be so cruel sometimes, but it's my downfall too.
    Jaws
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 7

Post by Jaws Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:19 am

I weighed 165 in November, but after getting real sick I was down to just above 140 in January. I've gotten back up to about 152-ish now, which sucks cause I wanted to stay around 140 and I'm slowly getting it back.
    Jaws
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 7

Post by Jaws Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:21 am

Oh and it really bugged me at work when people kept asking me how I lost the weight. I was saying that I got sick so I wasn't eating much, so rumors flew and people would come up to me and say "you need to eat more." - even 2 months after. Ridiculous.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:28 am

When I was working out regularly, I did, but then I stopped. I need to get back into it, as I'd like to drop about 20 pounds and get back into shape.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:26 pm