CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
TSJFan4Ever
MandyPerfumeGirl
Chris
7 posters

Sperm banks, artificial insemination, etc., etc.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Sperm banks, artificial insemination, etc., etc. Empty Sperm banks, artificial insemination, etc., etc.

Post by Chris Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:16 pm

Do you have any moral objection to men donating sperm, or women who seek to become impregnated via artificial insemination? Men, would you ever donate sperm? Women, if you found yourself single, and wanting a(nother) child, would you consider being inseminated?
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Sperm banks, artificial insemination, etc., etc. Empty Re: Sperm banks, artificial insemination, etc., etc.

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sun Jan 16, 2011 7:42 pm

I don't see anything wrong with men donating sperm or woman being artificially inseminated. I personally would not do artificial insemination, though, if I wanted a child, because, although someday I may want a child, I never want to be pregnant. It would be nine months of pure hell, not to mention the actual childbirth.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Sperm banks, artificial insemination, etc., etc. Empty Re: Sperm banks, artificial insemination, etc., etc.

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Jan 16, 2011 8:44 pm

I wouldn't consider AI if I were single. I'd adopt. There are plenty of children who need good homes in the world. If my husband and I couldn't have children, maybe I'd consider AI, but I'd still look into adoption, too. There was a lady in our daycare who had a daughter through AI. Poor kid was mildly Downs Syndrome, only the Mom didn't know it. The Mom was a real twit and ALWAYS baby-talked to this girl, which would explain some of her language delays. She treated the staff like imbeciles, too. This one time, she was worried that the little girl had hit her doll and proceeded to have a very long conversation with me, spelling out every second or third word slowly, so that her daughter couldn't understand. M-a-r-i-l-l-a was h-i-t-t-i-n-g her d-o-l-l. I'm w-o-r-r-i-e-d about her h-i-t-t-i-n-g her d-o-l-l. I didn't know what to do so I told her to s-t-o-p h-i-t-t-i-n-g her d-o-l-l..." and so on for an agonizing 5 minutes, basically repeating the same thign over and over and over, spelling out what seemed like all of the words over 5 letters long. It was SO annoying, but Mom wasn't playing with a full deck, either. that really turned me off AI as a single parent, but I know she's the exception. friends of mine tried AI because they couldn't conceive together and they have a wonderful baby boy. As a single parent, though, I'd prefer to adopt than try AI.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:10 pm

If I were a childless 40 year old woman and who was single, then I may would consider it. But it would honestly be a last resort or far fetched option. I would probably even weigh just letting the prospect of motherhood go against it. I see nothing wrong with artificial insemination, but it's so convoluted that I don't know if I'd be interested in ardently pursuing it.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:37 am

If I had some lesbian friend, or habitually single female friend, who was desperate for a child I would consider donating if they asked, but I wouldn't randomly donate to a sperm bank. I'm not comfortable with the prospect of having descendants I'd never know about
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:29 am

If it was someone I knew than I might consider doing it but I would have to know all of the circumstances involved. Its a tough decision because I probably would be curious about the child.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:51 pm

I see nothing wrong with it, and despite what the movie The Kids Are Alright, I think your anonymity is protected better than that. Which is something to consider if donating sperm or impregnating a lesbian or other friend. If things go wrong in that situation, by law you are the father, with an obligation of child support.

I still wonder if I donated to a lesbian friend. For some reason when we ran into each other in 1980, we ended up in bed having fun hetero sex. (repeated a couple more times that week). Then she went back to her GF and a few years later a light bulb went off in my dim brain. I have lost contact with her and have wondered for years if I was "used." Oh, well. If there is an offspring and the person has my name, Google will show them how to contact me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 28, 2024 8:09 am