CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

The AZ shootings

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The AZ shootings Empty The AZ shootings

Post by Chris Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:12 am

Now that some time has passed, emotions have started to settle, and more information has come to light, what is your take on what went down? With this happening to one of their own, do you think government will (or should) clamp down even harder on gun control laws, or would that be futile?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

The AZ shootings Empty Re: The AZ shootings

Post by Shale Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:25 am

It would be futile to try making some sane gun restrictions because the National Rifle Association which wants to make sure that military weapons and armor piercing ammo with no other purpose than killing ppl in combat is available to any nutcase or terrorist who needs them.

Futile because like every other monied special interest in the U.S. "democracy" our elected officials have been bought off.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:27 am

Murder was illegal in Arizona and this guy still did. I never understood the logic that people who'd ignore murder laws would pay attention to a silly gun law.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:50 pm

Shale wrote:It would be futile to try making some sane gun restrictions because the National Rifle Association which wants to make sure that military weapons and armor piercing ammo with no other purpose than killing ppl in combat is available to any nutcase or terrorist who needs them.

Futile because like every other monied special interest in the U.S. "democracy" our elected officials have been bought off.

Unfortunately true.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:54 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:Murder was illegal in Arizona and this guy still did. I never understood the logic that people who'd ignore murder laws would pay attention to a silly gun law.

Even though Arizona doesn't have the strictest gun laws & he obtained it legally, I don't think it would have made a difference. He appears to be mentally ill AND filled with so much hate nothing would have stopped him.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:49 pm

I'm glad that doctors are optimistic that Gabrielle Giffords will make a full recovery, despite her long road ahead. Stricter gun control I don't think only puts a band-aid on the greater issue. For as long as guns are manufactured, nutjobs like this guy will find a way to obtain them.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:52 pm

CeCe wrote:
    Forgiveness Man wrote:Murder was illegal in Arizona and this guy still did. I never understood the logic that people who'd ignore murder laws would pay attention to a silly gun law.

Even though Arizona doesn't have the strictest gun laws & he obtained it legally, I don't think it would have made a difference. He appears to be mentally ill AND filled with so much hate nothing would have stopped him.
    Well murder was illegal. That alone means the guy didn't care what the law said, so the legality of guns doesn't really make a difference. He was a sick individual and people like him, the kind that kill with guns, they aren't going to stop using them because the law says so.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 4:54 am