CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Anyone watching "Off the Map"?

TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Anyone watching "Off the Map"? Empty Anyone watching "Off the Map"?

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:48 am

I decide to check it out - it's only had two eppies so far - and it's decent so far. I wasn't sure what to expect, but was curious after seeing the promos. Plus, I was looking for something to keep me occupied in the evenings. Smile I can't see it having the longevity of ER or Gray's Anatomy, but so far, I'm enjoying it.

Anyone else watching this?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Anyone watching "Off the Map"? Empty Re: Anyone watching "Off the Map"?

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:41 pm

I watched the first and the third episodes, I missed the second one. Pretty good so far.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:46 pm

I haven't seen it, but the commercials do look good. What's the show about?
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:57 pm

I have the 3rd eppy on tape - haven't watched it yet but will have to before Wednesday. You think you'll keep watching, Tony?

Chris - it's a medical drama that takes place "somewhere in South America". They've left the actual location up to your imaginations but it's a mountainous, jungle region. It's pretty graphic, though. In the first eppy, a guy got a sword fish barb stuck through the bottom of his foot and the doctors had to remove it. I couldn't watch. They also had a guy who's hand got caught in a zip line.

Three new doctors, pretty much fresh out of their residencies, show up. One guy is an arrogant prick who thinks he's something special. One girl is back from a year's leave after her fiance died and the third one, also a girl... well - I don't actually know much about her. The three newbies are thrust up against an inferior medical facility that is poorly stocked, language barriers, and little applicable training for jungle medicine.

Anyway - think a soap opera-styled ER set in the jungle. I'll keep watching it for now, as I'm enjoying it and I look forward to it each week. Smile Not sure if they'll be able to keep up the action.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 10:36 am