CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+12
Hyacinth Girl
Cheaps
Forgiveness Man
Chris
Jason B.
Shale
TSJFan4Ever
CeCe
Alan Smithee
Supernova
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
MandyPerfumeGirl
16 posters

How did you choose your username?

MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

How did you choose your username? Empty How did you choose your username?

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:11 pm

Hi everyone,

How did you choose your username here at CC?

I know some of you chose your names, while others chose something different. When I joined, I thought it was going to be a strictly-Madonna forum and so I combined my first name, "Mandy", in with one of Madonna's songs "Candy Perfume Girl."
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

How did you choose your username? Empty Re: How did you choose your username?

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:13 pm

How did you choose your username? 3576304088_2bfa55f265
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:18 pm

I've been a fan of Lisa Lopes' music for several years and I love her album, Supernova, hence my name.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:28 pm

I'm using my real name.

Oh, OK. My real name is Alexander De Large.
    Alan Smithee (also Allen Smithee) was an official pseudonym used by film directors who wish to disown a project, coined in 1968. Until its use was formally discontinued in 2000, it was the sole pseudonym used by members of the Directors Guild of America (DGA) when a director dissatisfied with the final product proved to the satisfaction of a guild panel that he or she had not been able to exercise creative control over a film. The director was also required by guild rules not to discuss the circumstances leading to the move or even to acknowledge being the actual director.

Over the years the name and its purpose became more widely known. Some directors violated the embargo on discussing their use of the pseudonym. In 1998, the film An Alan Smithee Film: Burn Hollywood Burn was released, in which a man named Alan Smithee (Eric Idle) wishes to disavow a film he has directed, but is unable to do so because the only pseudonym he is permitted to use is his own name. The film was directed by Arthur Hiller, who reported to the DGA that producer Joe Eszterhas had interfered with his creative control, and successfully removed his own name from the film, so "Alan Smithee" was credited instead. The film was a commercial and critical failure, grossing only $45,779 in the US with a budget of about $10 million, and the Rotten Tomatoes web site reports an aggregate critical rating of only 8% positive. But the harsh negative publicity that surrounded the film drew unwanted mainstream attention to the pseudonym. Following this, the DGA retired the name; for the film Supernova (2000) dissatisfied director Walter Hill was instead credited as "Thomas Lee."
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:52 pm

^^Ahhh that's interesting! Had no idea.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:33 pm

When I joined this forum, I was mainly interested in the OLTL forum. My name comes form my favourite actor on the show - Trevor St. John - and how I will always support him.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sat Feb 05, 2011 4:38 pm

^^I always wondered who he was. I don't watch the soaps but used to. OLTL was one of them but it was MANY years ago.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:27 pm

I thot this was the thread where I said this before, but it's a new one.

Shale Stone is a character in my first erotic writing (1984) in which I put my sexual exploits in the form of letters between Bert and Shale, lifelong buddies.

When I got on the internet, it became my screen name after realizing that every little comment with my real name ended up in search engines. I guess there would be a million geological sites come up before Shale did.

So, Shale gets to do all the naughty things without implicating ... that other guy.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:20 am

Shale Stone. Wasn’t he on The Flintstones? Wink
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Feb 06, 2011 8:54 am

alan smithee wrote:Shale Stone. Wasn’t he on The Flintstones? Wink

Yeah, the mild-mannered Bedrock superhero who comes out at night as RockHard. Blue Cool
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:30 am

ROFLMAO!
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:04 am

Started out using "JB" because I didn't know anybody here, but got tired of seeing my user look so simplistic so I stretched it out to indicate my first name, keeping the last initial on display.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:47 am

I started off here as 'Doyen,' but thought - being the admin - having such a 'character'-sounding user name seemed disingenuous. I figured using my own name would make me a little more real and relateable to others.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:51 am

I used my SOC username.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:15 am

mix of my real name and nickname
    Hyacinth Girl
    Hyacinth Girl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 70

Post by Hyacinth Girl Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:59 am

At the other forum I was in and just left, I was "Lisa M", which is my real name, first and initial of last. Coming here, I decided to be someone else, mainly so the trolls I had issue with over at NIN couldn't Google-search me and follow me here.

So I took my username from the title of a song I've always loved "Hyacinth Girl" from an 80's alternative band, Winter Hours. Funny thing happened, though, after taking this username: the band, which has long since broken up and the lead singer died in 2003, only put out 3 albums. Two of them are out of print, and I'd been looking for them for years. I came across the Facebook page of the guitarist, Michael Carlucci, and creative force behind Winter Hours, so on a longshot, I sent him a message asking if he knew of anywhere I could get a copy of one of the albums.

Michael actually replied and friended me on FB, and turned out to be a super nice guy, and even sent me a bunch of the old songs by email! Totally cool, so now I have some of their works on my Ipod and he said to remind him and he'll send more. LOL (Okey dokey, then!)

Even funnier, still, it turns out that the band that Michael is in now, "The Thousand Pities", happens to have two members in it from another now defunct college band, "The Vestrymen"--they were just getting going when I was graduating college and my best friend at the time was dating one of the members. I recently hooked back up with her on FB, so we all had a good trip down memory lane after Facebook-chatting about how the two bands have merged into one and "we knew them when"! She still keeps in touch with the Vestrymen guys on FB, too, and was totally surprised that I'd hooked up with Michael on FB. LOL

Here's the song I named my username after:

Last edited by Hyacinth Girl on Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:02 am

I use my own name it kind of makes me seem more of a person rather than a character.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:21 pm

Oh you still a character T! big grin
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:42 pm

Live in NY, I got style and my birthday is 7/09.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:13 pm

Happy Bir...oops, not yet.
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by gingersnaps Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:20 pm

Mine is from one of my favorite movies, the Canadian werewolf movie "Ginger Snaps"
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:19 am

I stole it from my AOL SN that I created in 7th grade. I liked fire. I liked ice. It seemed so unique at the time lol. The 918 was a carryover from my very first AOL SN.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:49 am