CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Do You Live In a "University" Town?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Do You Live In a "University" Town? Empty Do You Live In a "University" Town?

Post by Marc™ Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:27 am

Are there any colleges or universities around your way.....or close enough to you that your neighborhood hosts alot of lingering students? It's not so much the case where I'm at, but the very next city over (within a few miles) very much IS. There are 2 universities right next door to each other, so that 18-25 y/o demo is everywhere on the streets.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Do You Live In a "University" Town? Empty Re: Do You Live In a "University" Town?

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:38 am

Boston.

AKA, College Town, USA.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Do You Live In a "University" Town? Empty Re: Do You Live In a "University" Town?

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:55 am

Yup I live in Dearborn MI and that's all probably the city ur referring to. UM and HFCC are both here right next door to each other with a huge mall across the way. NOTHING BUT yng people here!
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:48 pm

Where I go to school, we've got:

Harvard
    MIT
    Emerson
    Suffolk
    Northeastern
    Bunker Hill
    Tufts

The list goes on and on. Razz When all the non-Mass students leave, the Herald's headline is always something like "THE CITY IS OURS AGAIN!"
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:11 am

yup we have a university and community college
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:31 am

University of Miami is pretty big, but so is Miami so the kids don't dominate here.

However, I lived five years in Gainesville Florida, a small southern town where the University of Florida dominates. I sorta liked the demographic. Lots of energy, activism, and events going on. I got to see Jane Goodall and Joycelyn Elders speak on campus (Free - it's a state school) and got to use real research libraries.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:31 pm