CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Shale
Chris
Supernova
7 posters

The Three Stooges

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

The Three Stooges Empty The Three Stooges

Post by Supernova Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:51 am

Clearly, they're most famous for their shorts, but they also did movies and cartoons, of these, what do you think of them? Personally, I love the cartoons, they didn't ahve the typical Stooge physical humor, but they were still very funny...I haven't seen any of their movies in a long time but I always loved The Three Stooges in Orbit, next I plan to see Have Rocket, Will Travel, 'They're throwing things at us!'
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The Three Stooges Empty Re: The Three Stooges

Post by Chris Sun May 01, 2011 8:41 am

One of the local stations used to run them late at night, but I haven't seen The Three Stooges anywhere on TV in approximately twenty years. I didn't even know there was a cartoon version.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun May 01, 2011 10:36 am

Chris wrote:One of the local stations used to run them late at night, but I haven't seen The Three Stooges anywhere on TV in approximately twenty years. I didn't even know there was a cartoon version.

ROFLMAO! Sorry Chris, but I just find that funny that I've known about the cartoon series my whole life and I'm a lot younger than you. But like I said, they were good, they were different but they were still funny, and several of them can be found on Youtube and others are on cartoon collections like you find in the $5 bin at Wal-Mart. And for anyone old enough who still has a VCR you can find on Amazon 6 hour tapes of them though the tracking's a little shaky.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun May 01, 2011 10:47 am

I never cared for the slapstick humor that seemed to have been big in the 30s and 40s.

I do know that in group homes for mentally retarded adults the 3 Stooges and Wrestling were the most popular shows on TV.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun May 01, 2011 11:02 am

I think the stooges are hilarious but my favorite slapstick is Laurel and Hardy. I have seen some of the stooges cartoons over the years. AMC usually runs a Stooges marathon once or twice a year.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun May 01, 2011 11:04 am

Tony Marino wrote:I think the stooges are hilarious but my favorite slapstick is Laurel and Hardy. I have seen some of the stooges cartoons over the years. AMC usually runs a Stooges marathon once or twice a year.

AMC butchers the 3 Stooges because they cut out whole parts to make room for commercials and now they last maybe all of 5 or 10 minutes. Not at all like it used to be when Saturday mornings was the 3 Stooges playhouse on AMC and they were full and uncut and finished before the commercials.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 01, 2011 11:07 am

Shale wrote:I never cared for the slapstick humor that seemed to have been big in the 30s and 40s.

I do know that in group homes for mentally retarded adults the 3 Stooges and Wrestling were the most popular shows on TV.

Serious question Shale. Does watching that kind of thing result in any injuries? There was a Simpsons episode where Bart is visiting a Daredevil in the hospital and Dr. Hibbert says, "I won't subject you to our Three Stooges ward."
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun May 01, 2011 11:11 am

alan smithee wrote: ...Serious question Shale. Does watching that kind of thing result in any injuries? ...

Not that I know of. But retarded adults are often more astute than normal adults.

It is often reported that Superman causes a lot of boys injury when they find they can't really fly off the shed roof.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun May 01, 2011 11:16 am

Now back in the 50s, or maybe it was the 60s, Moe Howard showed all the kids the trick of how they did the eye-gouge so nobody got hurt, and the kids thought they were learning a great trick. And about 12 years back there was a special on TV looking at the 3 Stooges and it was explained how they did a lot of their slapstick, rubber broom handles, baked sugar glass bottles, and they slow down the hall slap in Brideless Groom and show Larry's turning his face away as Moe pretends to slap him, and how the eye gouge was always done right over the eyes.

Also, in the 70s Moe was on a talk show, the Mike Douglas show, and he was telling how the PTA was asking a child psychologist or psychiatrist 'is watching the 3 Stooges going to make my child violent?' and the psychiatrist answered 'not at all, my child watches them all the time and he's fine'.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun May 01, 2011 6:53 pm

I am a fan of the Stooges but really just their shorts and not past the Shemp era.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sun May 01, 2011 11:09 pm

I remember watching the 3 Stooges when I was little and noticing how it had the same intro music as some of the old cartoons I watched.

Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon May 02, 2011 2:58 am

Never really watched them, but from what I can tell....they're not that funny to me.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:53 pm