CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Forgiveness Man
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
Supernova
8 posters

Why are so many people on the internet complete idiots?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Why are so many people on the internet complete idiots? Empty Why are so many people on the internet complete idiots?

Post by Supernova Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:22 am

Not here of course, but at other places, we all know the types...trolls and kinds like that, what the hell's up with them? And why are there so damn many of them? I'm sure everybody knows the type, the ones that on a message board come up with the absolute DUMBEST things to post, I can't even begin to think of all the crap I've read over the years and you can't do anything with these morons because block them, delete them, they come back tenfold. Now I can understand that stupidity can spread among idiots like a wildfire and the anonymity of the internet makes it that much easier, but still there's the age old question of WHY?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Why are so many people on the internet complete idiots? Empty Re: Why are so many people on the internet complete idiots?

Post by RedBedroom Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:46 am

Ugh, I agree with you. And it really doesn't matter what type board one visits (the exception being here, seriously..enough said, don't want to jinx it!).

I enjoy scapbooking. Earlier this month, on a scrapbooking forum, I posted that I had seen a Youtube video by a woman who had more scrapbooking stuff than she would ever use and she wasn't a seller of product or taught classes. She literally has over $60,000 worth of shit. People slammed me something fierce for judging her. I did not post the video (in case she was a member there!) and I could not believe people jumped on me as they did.

One really has to have a thick skin to post online. And I don't always have a thick skin. So, some shit really bugs me.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Why are so many people on the internet complete idiots? Empty Re: Why are so many people on the internet complete idiots?

Post by Supernova Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:49 am

I hear that. I get attacked for every little thing, 'oh you're homeschooled so you're a brainwashed fundie who's antisocial', 'oh you're a Christian so you believe blah blah blah', 'oh you think prisoners re-offend because they like prison?', 'oh you don't understand why these girls were so offended at being called 'psycho' so you've NEVER been a teenaged girl', 'oh you don't get why this woman in this sitcom was being such a bitch on her period so you've never had PMS', 'oh you believe in waiting until marriage so you're a pathetic loser nobody would even want to sleep with', I get it on EVERY single thing basically.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:27 am

Why are there so many of them? Because there are over 6 billion people on the planet and many of them use the Internet, a place where you're basically anonymous. To some people that’s enough to remove the governor form that part of their brain that’s present when they have to speak with someone face to face.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:50 am

WHY? Because it's easy for them and we live in a world that rewards such behavior.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:19 am

They can sit behind their computer and do whatever they want with no consequences. Its the people that feed into them that are the problem. Trolls should be ignored and they will eventually go away when no one pays them any attention.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:45 am

alan smithee wrote:Why are there so many of them? Because there are over 6 billion people on the planet and many of them use the Internet, a place where you're basically anonymous. To some people that’s enough to remove the governor form that part of their brain that’s present when they have to speak with someone face to face.
    The Internet is the classic car full of teenage boys yelling insulting comments to girls on the sidewalk, knowing they can just drive away without any real interraction, thinking how witty they are, when in fact they are just a car full of teenage jerks.

(or adult rednecks, campesinos, home boys who will never get it)
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:06 pm

It's true, many people on internet (not on CC though) are idiots. I think it's because they have anonymity - they feel they can say what they want and never have to suffer the consequences (like a slap in the face, which most times would be justified.) They have that mask covering their identity - they're not gutsy enough to expose their identity, just to blast someone else's. Also, I think they're just mean-spirited and judgmental - people, generally it seems, hate what they don't understand.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:09 pm

Supernova wrote:I hear that. I get attacked for every little thing, 'oh you're homeschooled so you're a brainwashed fundie who's antisocial', 'oh you're a Christian so you believe blah blah blah', 'oh you think prisoners re-offend because they like prison?', 'oh you don't understand why these girls were so offended at being called 'psycho' so you've NEVER been a teenaged girl', 'oh you don't get why this woman in this sitcom was being such a bitch on her period so you've never had PMS', 'oh you believe in waiting until marriage so you're a pathetic loser nobody would even want to sleep with', I get it on EVERY single thing basically.

I'm so sorry they've been so mean, Super. All of us on CC will take care of you! big hugz I know how you feel though, I've been bullied for certain beliefs I have. It's just terrible.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:12 pm

For too many people, the anonymity of Internet message boards and blogs gives them the chance live out their sixth grade glory years; being as bratty, hit-and-run, attention seeking, or as fraudulent as possible, without any real consequence. I've been online for fifteen years, and have pretty much seen it all. If you wouldn't want your mother to read what you just posted, then don't post it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 3:04 pm