CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Commercials that seem to treat the viewers like idiots

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Commercials that seem to treat the viewers like idiots Empty Commercials that seem to treat the viewers like idiots

Post by Supernova Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:20 am

I know, isn't that about all commercials today? But there are a few in general that it just blows my mind how STUPID they think everybody is:

1. You know that one for oven cleaner, 'you spend all day cleaning your oven at 800 degrees and the very next time you use it, it's a mess'. Shows a cherry pie baking over and falling onto the oven floor. That's why you put a cookie sheet lined with foil under the pie pan, no muss, no fuss, and sure as hell not rocket science.

2. The Pam cooking spray commercial where at the birthday party the kids want cupcakes but they're all stuck in the pans so they break out in little pieces. There's this mind blowing invention they have at the grocery store called CUPCAKE PAPERS, cost about 80 cents a packet, line them in the muffin pan and you just peel them off when the cupcakes come out whole.

3. That one for the brownie slicing thing, they show people trying to cut brownies out of a pan with a knife and they fall apart. That's why you use a spatula, so it can cut AND scoop them up and out of the pan.

Anybody else got some to add?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Commercials that seem to treat the viewers like idiots Empty Re: Commercials that seem to treat the viewers like idiots

Post by Tony Marino Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:00 am

The progressive insurance commercials, like we are all idiots and can't shop around for the best price on car insurance. Plus that woman is obnoxious.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Commercials that seem to treat the viewers like idiots Empty Re: Commercials that seem to treat the viewers like idiots

Post by Chris Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:10 am

Tony Marino wrote:The progressive insurance commercials, like we are all idiots and can't shop around for the best price on car insurance. Plus that woman is obnoxious.

I was just going to say those Progressive commercials are the worse. The lady is one of those irritating TV spokeswomen I can think of. "Discount!...Discount!" Shut up.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:11 am

Yeah, they are awful. Last October it was so funny. My old cheerleading coach went as that girl and she looks JUST like her in the outfit and hair style.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 5:43 am