CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
Supernova
Nystyle709
Chris
7 posters

Are you what your parents wanted you to be?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Are you what your parents wanted you to be? Empty Are you what your parents wanted you to be?

Post by Chris Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:50 am

Did your parents have any expectations about what they wanted you to do/be in your adulthood? If so, did you fall in line, or go rogue?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Are you what your parents wanted you to be? Empty Re: Are you what your parents wanted you to be?

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:20 am

The only thing my parents wanted me to do was go to college and get my degree. I haven't gotten it yet, so I guess I'm rogue for the most part.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Are you what your parents wanted you to be? Empty Re: Are you what your parents wanted you to be?

Post by Supernova Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:00 am

Yeah, about the only expectation my mother had was for me to go to college, and get my degree, so I don't wind up as some factory worker...so far so good, though it's funny because from the time I was 9 I swore up and down I was never going to college, and given it hasn't gotten me or her any closer to getting a job, I can't say that it was worth the 5 years spent getting it.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:16 am

Let's see. It started out OK. Graduated high school, went into the Air Force, got out and worked as a cop, then took computer school (1969).

Then I started hanging out with long-haired hippies, sleeping with everyone, smoking dope, dropping acid, hooking up with a guy, then a black woman.

Nah, not what mom expected.

(Dad was a good-ol-boy from Mississippi who had his own unsavory history so he was more accepting of me sowing wild oats)
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:41 am

I know I turned out fine as far as my father is concerned.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sun Sep 18, 2011 2:59 pm

Nope. In fact, my mother was so disappointed in me that she severed ties when I was 37. I made some mistakes but lived straight and took care of my own problems (didn't even try to run to Mommy for everything like so many adult children do nowadays).

But I never married any guy SHE chose, I was the first and only divorcee in the family, and ~ worst ~ I moved away from home. She had mental issues.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Sun Sep 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Yes and no. My parents were big on me going to college, which I did. So they're happy there. They're glad that I'm working. They're glad that I gave them a grandchild. However I think they wish that I was married and that I was pursuing what I went to school for, which I'm currently not.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 18, 2024 9:26 pm