CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
TPP
Nystyle709
Supernova
7 posters

How would the media explain the vanishings of the rapture?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

How would the media explain the vanishings of the rapture? Empty How would the media explain the vanishings of the rapture?

Post by Supernova Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:42 pm

This was a conversation my mother and I were having a couple of nights ago. Now I know that here we've got people with different kinds of beliefs but I'd appreciate it if everybody could for argument's sake, entertain the idea that the rapture could happen someday.

Okay, so what we'd be looking at is milions of people all over the world gone, all the children are also gone, and they all disappeared at the same time in really no time to actually go anywhere...and the media would have to work very quickly to come up with some kind of 'logical' explanation to calm everybody down so a worldwide panic wouldn't ensue...but what could they possibly come up with that would answer everybody's question of what happened to all the people? Or do you think they'd even be able to come up with anything?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

How would the media explain the vanishings of the rapture? Empty Re: How would the media explain the vanishings of the rapture?

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:01 pm

WHAT are you talking about?
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

How would the media explain the vanishings of the rapture? Empty Re: How would the media explain the vanishings of the rapture?

Post by TPP Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:25 pm

hmmm...Interesting question. I don't think that they would be able to come up with an explanation. I think it would be like an earthquake, where right away they are talking about it and they don't have all the info yet.

If it happened, it would be confirmation of the Bible so I think they would talk about that eventually.

I mean, the media doesn't shy away from religion really anyway. I love the History channel for example, but for the past few months there's nothing but "end of the world" stuff on there...they talk to religious leaders the same way they do secular historians. That crack smoking minister who was having sex with gay prostitutes was on a couple of them too...
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:27 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:WHAT are you talking about?

You don't know about the rapture? It's the idea that all the followers of Christ will be magically transported to heaven before things get TOO bad here on earth. They would suddenly disappear and all of us unbelievers would be left here to fight with the antichrist or whatever.

That's my very loose translation and interpretation.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:40 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote:

You don't know about the rapture? It's the idea that all the followers of Christ will be magically transported to heaven before things get TOO bad here on earth. They would suddenly disappear and all of us unbelievers would be left here to fight with the antichrist or whatever.

Ohhhhh, that's what she's talking about. I had a brain fart for a minute. I briefly recall what the rapture is, but I definitely couldn't give you any details. I never read The Good Book all the way through.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:43 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
    thepossiblepolice wrote:

I briefly recall what the rapture is, but I definitely couldn't give you any details. I never read The Good Book all the way through.

Neither have I and I've been reading it for 8 years now.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:23 pm

thepossiblepolice wrote: ...You don't know about the rapture? It's the idea that all the followers of Christ will be magically transported to heaven before things get TOO bad here on earth. ...
    Isn't what Heaven's Gate and the Raeleans believe. Only it's extraterrestrials that take them away.

That woulda been my first guess for a media angle. More credible than some unattributed ancient mythology. I mean we do have the possibility of hundreds of life-supporting planet in our own galaxy, so there's always the outside chance that one of them is technologically advanced enuf to pull off the mass transport.
    Blue Cool
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by TPP Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:25 pm

Shale wrote:
    thepossiblepolice wrote: ...You don't know about the rapture? It's the idea that all the followers of Christ will be magically transported to heaven before things get TOO bad here on earth. ...
    Isn't what Heaven's Gate and the Raeleans believe. Only it's extraterrestrials that take them away.

That woulda been my first guess for a media angle. More credible than some unattributed ancient mythology. I mean we do have the possibility of hundreds of life-supporting planet in our own galaxy, so there's always the outside chance that one of them is technologically advanced enuf to pull off the mass transport.
    Blue Cool

Either way, if that happens...It'll blow my mind for sure!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:53 pm

Alien abduction
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:15 am

thepossiblepolice wrote:

if thats wat happens, i betta be gettin swooped up too
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:31 am

cheaps wrote:
    if thats wat happens, i betta be gettin swooped up too

big hugz You and me both, girl.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:32 pm

Question:
    Why are -all- the children also gone?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:43 pm

Some people believe a baby can be baptized at birth and that'll save their immortal soul if something should happen and they die as babies. I do not believe this. I believe every person must be able to make their own decision to make Christ their Savior and get saved, in order to do this a person needs to be able to understand it, and if you're too young to understand it, I don't see how that can be held against you. Now, I don't know what a common age is when kids become old enough to understand it all, I was 8 but part of the whole thing was still fuzzy to me so when I was 13 I did it again when I understood it better...so I really don't know how old a person would have to be to understand it, I suppose it all varies, and perhaps that's too broad of a term, so we'll rephrase it that the babies and little kids are gone for sure, the older ones, I'm not sure.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:12 am