CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+14
Nystyle709
SuperVixenXo
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
Forgiveness Man
punkrockprincess07
Marc™
RedBedroom
TPP
Supernova
tmontyb
Shale
Cheaps
Alan Smithee
Chris
18 posters

A seventeen year old dating a forty year old.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

A seventeen year old dating a forty year old. Empty A seventeen year old dating a forty year old.

Post by Chris Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:51 am

Would you be against a seventeen year old dating a forty year old? Keep in mind that seventeen is generally the legal age of consent in most states, so no laws would be broken.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

A seventeen year old dating a forty year old. Empty Re: A seventeen year old dating a forty year old.

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:05 am

17 might be the age tht the 17 year old can legally consent to something but I doubt it's the age that most fathers would consent. My daughter is 22 going on 23...beyond my control in many ways, but if some 45 year old man was trying to "date" her, he and I would have a long hard talk. Somebody else's daughter? That's their problem but I would still think the 40 year old was a creep.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

A seventeen year old dating a forty year old. Empty Re: A seventeen year old dating a forty year old.

Post by Cheaps Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:41 am

id say to each his own, if it were somebody i did not know, then let them be.

but if it were my mother datin a 17 year old, or my brother/sister datin a 40 year old, or anyone i was close wit, id have my concerns.

i had a fren i used to work wit, i was bout 16, she was only a year or 2 older than i was, she was datin someone in their mid to late 30's, dont think he was actually quite 40 yet but age diff was pretty big. anyway we werent super tight frens, but that was her choice. years later they had kids. the last time i had seen her which was a couple years ago, they were still together.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:04 am

That's only a 23 year spread. I've dated and bedded a woman 42 when I was 23, almost the same spread, tho I was more mature I suppose than a 17-year-old. But if both parties are turned on by the other, then go for it.

Ageism is a prejudice like any other. Would I be against a man dating another man? Would I be against a white man dating a black woman? Nope, been there done that.

How about a 60-year-old man with a 20-year-old boy? Hey, he wanted me - it would have been cruel to turn him away.
    big grin
    tmontyb
    tmontyb
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 37

Post by tmontyb Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:08 am

^^^^^^Win. It simply isn't anyone's business.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:29 am

I think it's in poor taste, the 40 year old can't find somebody who's already grown?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:49 am

Supernova wrote:I think it's in poor taste, the 40 year old can't find somebody who's already grown?
    IDK, I've licked 17 year olds. They taste pretty good. big grin

It is about a natural attraction to youth. Even a very mature guy can get turned on by young ppl. It may just be a physical attraction, but that is valid. If the young person finds something attractive in the older, then it is a good match - if just for the moment.
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:17 pm

I'd be worried that my daughter or son would get their heart broken, if it were anyone else I don't care.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:58 pm

In all reality, those two ages being together for a long term relationship is unlikely. I would be willing to bet that with most together of those ages, one or both is looking for something that they lack/lacked at some point in their life. More often than not, those two ages are so vastly different in every way.
    A fling between those two ages is more understandable than something long term.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:51 pm

I think it's perverted. Honestly I think any 40 year old who would mess around with a 17 year old baby would probably be willing to mess around with a 14 year old if the law permitted it. If a 27 year old wants to date a 50 year old, that's fine. At least by then the younger of the two has experienced life and their mental capacity has reached full maturity to the point where they won't be as potentially manipulated by the older one....but a 40 year old has too much mental leverage over a 17 year old, who is probably only looking for an authority figure to lean on. And chances are the 40 year old knows that....
    punkrockprincess07
    punkrockprincess07
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by punkrockprincess07 Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:20 pm

I do not think a 17 year old should be in a relationship with a 40 year old. Like Marc said, if he will get with a 17 year old then he would probably get with a 14 year old, it is only 3 years younger. I do not see what a 40 year old man would have in common with a 17 year old girl anyways. So if it was my daughter, I would probably think the guy was a creepy pervert. I think the girl should atleast be in her 20's before she dates someone that old.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:03 pm

Define being AGAINST it? FORGIVENESS MAN
    TPP
    TPP
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 69

Post by TPP Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:38 pm

There were guys who were 22 or so who hung out with my friends and I when we were 14. One of them dated one of them, but I thought it was creepy and always thought "Why can't they get a date their own age?"

After the age of consent though, I guess it doesn't bother me. I would still be thinking "why can't he get a date his own age?" but that's my business not theirs.

I do think that if they'd go "down to 17" they would go further down in age, but since the question specifically said 17 and able to consent I'm trying to leave that out of it.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:49 pm

I've dated men in their 40s and been sexual with men into their 50s. By the way, I was born in 1989, so do the math.

Really, it just comes down to personal preference.
    SuperVixenXo
    SuperVixenXo
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 6

Post by SuperVixenXo Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:54 pm

Absolutely NOT...I would never let my 17 year old date a 40 something year old. My cousin is 15 and she dates a 23 year old and I think he's too old for her. Her mom lets him sleep in her bed and shit...Like what the hell would they even have in common...When I was 15 and even 17...23 and 24 seemed so old to me so def not!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:36 pm

Marc™ wrote:I think it's perverted. Honestly I think any 40 year old who would mess around with a 17 year old baby would probably be willing to mess around with a 14 year old if the law permitted it. If a 27 year old wants to date a 50 year old, that's fine. At least by then the younger of the two has experienced life and their mental capacity has reached full maturity to the point where they won't be as potentially manipulated by the older one....but a 40 year old has too much mental leverage over a 17 year old, who is probably only looking for an authority figure to lean on. And chances are the 40 year old knows that....

For the most part.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:18 am

alan smithee wrote:17 might be the age tht the 17 year old can legally consent to something but I doubt it's the age that most fathers would consent. My daughter is 22 going on 23...beyond my control in many ways, but if some 45 year old man was trying to "date" her, he and I would have a long hard talk. Somebody else's daughter? That's their problem but I would still think the 40 year old was a creep.

Until my daughters are at least 18, if they date any guy more than two years older than there would be a problem. Don't care how "legal" it is, if @ 17 one of them starts seeing a 40 year old man, for everyone's sake (his especially) I better not know about it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:27 am

supervixenxo wrote:Absolutely NOT...I would never let my 17 year old date a 40 something year old. My cousin is 15 and she dates a 23 year old and I think he's too old for her. Her mom lets him sleep in her bed and shit...Like what the hell would they even have in common...When I was 15 and even 17...23 and 24 seemed so old to me so def not!

I hear that, I'm 21 and I still consider guys 23 and 24 to be too old for me. Of course I'm not interested in anybody period, but I tell you I wouldn't be going backwards in age to look for somebody either.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:43 am

I can't see a long term relationship sprouting out of it but to each his own, everyone has their own tastes.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Shale Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:59 pm

supervixenxo wrote:... My cousin is 15 and she dates a 23 year old and I think he's too old for her. Her mom lets him sleep in her bed and shit...Like what the hell would they even have in common...

My mom was 14 when she ran off with my 23-year-old dad. When he found out her age he quickly married her in hopes of not going to jail. They stayed together for five years. He was caught fucking other women and by then she was 20 and more assertive. But that was the '40s and roles were different in marriage - lots of couples of the same age had nothing in common except the marriage itself.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:28 pm

If 17 is the legal age, then what's wrong with it? If a 17 year-old wants to date a 40 year-old, let them be - it's their business, and if people have a problem with it, hell with them.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:48 pm

Age laws are screwy though. At 17 you can legally sleep with anyone in sight but you're still not allowed to have a stinking beer, can we say screwed up priorities? If you're an adult at 18 by law and you can do everything else, you should be able to buy and drink booze.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:57 pm

Chris wrote:Would you be against a seventeen year old dating a forty year old?

Completely.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 29, 2024 6:24 am